specials at the school in our district?

We figure you know what you want to talk about better than we do, so why not give us a hand in picking topics?

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

cry
User

specials at the school in our district?

Postby cry » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:24 am

I will start homeschooling my daughter starting for her 2nd grade year, she has been in public school till then. Im wandering if anyone out there takes their children to the scool in their area for specials such as art, music or gym?
is it a good idea or bad idea?
thanks!

Theodore

Re: specials at the school in our district?

Postby Theodore » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:38 pm

It probably won't hurt to do so, though your local school may or may not let you participate in extracurriculars. You'll have to check and find out. Generally speaking, the public schoolers who participate in extracurriculars such as art, music, and team sports are the ones committed to working hard, and are the least likely to be a bad influence.

One of my brothers was on the local high school swim team, and that's basically all it was. Endless swimming :)

momo3boys
User

GYM

Postby momo3boys » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:03 pm

My oldest son, 8, is homeschooled for the first time this year, and he still goes to GYM once a week with his class. He loves it and was nervous at first but the teacher explained to the class what was happening and then Cody wasn't so worried about answering questions. Check with your school principal, I live in Mass and everyone has been very supportive of our decision. We also use the school library and Cody sees his special Ed teachers four days a week. All you need to do is ask and see what happens. Cody really likes that he can still keep a bod with hos friends, but he doesn't have to worry about the bullying or frustrations of being in a class he has a hard time keeping up with academically.
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Return to “Suggest a Topic”