Struggling

Are you homeschool a special needs child? Are you personally physically challenged? Here is the place to share your questions, tips, and experiences.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Calleigh
User

Struggling

Postby Calleigh » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:08 am

I haven't gotten to look at this in depth yet, but wanted to share. It's a link to HSLDA regarding struggling learners.

http://www.hslda.org/strugglinglearner/default.asp

I initially opened it because of this statement: [i] "Homeschool families are accustomed to stretching: budgets, meals, life of clothing. . . . However, the temptation, in private conversations or group meetings, to stretch the facts about “myâ€

momagator
User

Postby momagator » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:53 am

Calleigh
User

Postby Calleigh » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:13 pm

Momagator,

I hear that; there is no way to go forward without my faith in God, and yet sometimes I find myself, like you said, getting depressed over it.(homeschool struggles) It just seems so overwhelming, and at times I wonder what happens when college time comes? (panic) And it doesn't help when people expect my children to be grades "ahead" because they are homeschooled. They are in the grades that they should be; no more, no less. Sometimes one of my children will say, "Why are we not a grade ahead?" I tell them why rush into growing up? Do you really want to get to college a year earlier? And then out and working a year earlier? That line of reasoning has really slowed that talk down! haha

So thanks for sharing too. It's good to know I'm not the only one trekking up the mountain! :(

I hope this site helps you and me! Let me know! :)

Calleigh

Return to “Special Needs Homeschooling”