Needing help or advice

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

twayne78
User

Needing help or advice

Postby twayne78 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:40 pm

I am a single father and I want to homeschool my boys. My oldest will start kindergarten this year. Everyone tells me to just put them in school but that goes against everything I believe. I was homeschooled so I know how to do it but is it possible and what advice for a single dad. My wife left over a year ago, she is now living in the "world" so she is no help. I can't afford private school, I'm barely keeping a float now. Any ideas?

P.S. I already have the curriculum, I bought it over a year ago.

Thank you!

Chrisy
User

Postby Chrisy » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:31 pm

have PM'd you :)

acheshire
User

Postby acheshire » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:06 pm

It is very possible and I think you should go for it. I was homeschooled for 9 years and I got a great education. It boggled my mind when I got to college and the professor was teaching the class how to write a topic sentence!!! I had learned that in the 8th grade! I am not sure exactly what kind of advice you are wanting, but I will tel you that I am a great cheerleader for what you are doing. Hang in there. Your kids may hit an age where they hate being homeschooled (I know I did in high school), but stick with it, they will thank you later...I have yet to stop thanking my mom for making me do it and I graduated in 1990! :)

kkapfe
User

Postby kkapfe » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:48 am

robinsegg
User

Postby robinsegg » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:39 pm

Take a look at So, You're Thinking About Homeschooling by Lisa Whelchel. She has at least one (maybe more) single-parent family, and families where one parent has to work a lot, or is disabled in some way. You might be surprised!
Rachel
teacher at home
The Cleft in the Rock Academy

love2bastayathomemom
User

Postby love2bastayathomemom » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:01 pm

Return to “Getting Started”