should I take my son out of public school b4 school ends????

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

lillyg
User

should I take my son out of public school b4 school ends????

Postby lillyg » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:56 pm

:) I am debating if I should take out my son who is in 4th grade from public school to homeschool or should I let him finish the school year and then start fresh in the fall???

Not sure which is best. I have been tossing this thought all around back and forth. My son is in 4th grade and he is doing 3rd grade math and I don't like it. He knows mutiplication and division, and they are still not introducing it to him. I don't want him to be behind in 5th grade.

can anyone can share there experience of taking their child out of school before the school YE or share what their thoughts are, would be great.
Thanks
Lilly
:) [/b]
Lilly G

elliemaejune
User

Postby elliemaejune » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:36 pm

Well, HSLDA recommends letting a child finish the school year *unless* things are just too bad to let him stay.

I took my dd out of school during Easter break of her first grade year. I'm glad I did.
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 40 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Servant of 1 kitteh

lillyg
User

Postby lillyg » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:38 am

Hi Ellie,

Thanks for your help. I have made a decision that I am not taking my son out of school early and will let him finish this year and we will start 5th grade homeschooling. I am so excited!!!! Thanks and have a great day!
Lilly
Lilly G

Return to “Getting Started”