Afraid of homeschooling

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Danielle22033
User

Afraid of homeschooling

Postby Danielle22033 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:06 pm

Homeschooling is something I have always thought about. However after agreeing with my husband about sending our little one for JK to our local public school then SK and on to french immersion (they don't accept kids into the program until SK) I still feel weird about it, like am I making the wrong decision? These are my kids yet at 4 years old we send them off to others to raise. But at the same time, I am afraid that I wouldn't be able to stay committed to homeschooling, afraid that I would slack too much and then end up with an uneducated child. I don't come from the greatest upbringing and my parents never really taught be how to stick to anything (I realize as an adult this is my problem now) I just want to be the one that raises my kids and teaches them everything there is to learn. And any advice or tips on where to get started would be greatly appreciated. I live in Ontario, Canada.
Danielle

Harret56
User

Postby Harret56 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:52 am

Hi Danielle! I think you should listen to your heart. If your kids are motivated to study and eager to learn about the world around them then they will learn anywhere, at home or far away. On the other hand, they can procrastinate in the most prestigious school if they are not interested. Good luck!

Return to “Getting Started”