Very seriuosly considering homeschooling, but have questions

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

EODwife85
User

Very seriuosly considering homeschooling, but have questions

Postby EODwife85 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:14 am

Hi everyone! I'm so glad I found this forum. My name is Stacey, and I'm a stay at home mom, but I also have a small business I run from home. I am an Army wife, and have 3 children. 2 of my three have special needs. One is on the Austism Spectrum, with sensory processing issues, and also ADD, and the other is REALLY AD/HD (boy do I see myself in him haha)

Right now my oldest who is on the Spectrum is 9, and in the 3rd grade. I am sickened with the issues we've had with him in school, and at this point I am ready to home school him next year because of it all. I am considering the online public school because I think it would be so much easier to stick with it with our hectic schedules/lives, and honestly my amount of patience.

However, my younger son is doing so well at school. Part of me feels like you can't just home school one or two, but then again why not? My oldest son really needs this, but my younger son is in a Pre-K-D class and doing wonderful, and will just begin Kindergarten next year, so I'm kind of wait and see with that one.

I guess that's my biggest question. Am I valid in my thinking? Is it OK to start with one and see how it goes? Or am I wrong for not just home schooling all of them?

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:43 pm

Well, all children are different, and not all schools are bad. If your younger son is doing well, there may be no burning need to pull him out - though it certainly is possible, and not that difficult, to do preschool activities at home. I would say that in this instance, there is no wrong answer, and you should do what seems best for your children.

Tiff
User

Postby Tiff » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:38 pm

Return to “Getting Started”