How do you organize all the information?

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

sunnib
User

How do you organize all the information?

Postby sunnib » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:37 am

We have not started any type of formal homeschooling yet as DS is only 2 but I have been researching since before he was born and have found a lot of information I want to hang on to for the future. Some things we could use in the near future and others we would not need until high school. What is the best way to organize all of this information? I use pinterest for almost everything but have started to feel uneasy about using it for the important things because occasionally websites shut down and then whatever it was I wanted is lost.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:02 pm

Well, you could save everything for offline viewing, but then what if your computer dies? Probably safest to get a cheap printer and just print everything for the next grade or two out; everything else you can bookmark, since by the time you get there, there may be better resources available anyway if the links no longer work.

SuperGiaJ
User

Postby SuperGiaJ » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:01 pm

A lot could change in 3-4 years with home schooling, online education, Common Core, etc. so I wouldn't worry about gathering too much now. Much of it may be outdated and not of any use at that time anyways.

It's still good to get started thinking about what you'll do as time gets close though! :)
Gia Johansen - IT & Education MatchMaker :-)
Super-Reader.com Reading Comprehension Worksheets

Return to “Getting Started”