Starting homeschooling and friends in LISBON area

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Trainee
User

Starting homeschooling and friends in LISBON area

Postby Trainee » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:49 pm

:?
We are going through the difficult decision of whether to start homeschooling our 8 year old in a foreign country. We need advice on how we can keep up interaction with other children. Unfortunately we do not have the money to join clubs or a language school. Therefore, any ideas, or perhaps contact from people homeschooling in the Lisbon area, would be thoroughly appreciated. Thank you.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:48 pm

You should probably look for a Yahoo Group or military base near you. For instance, I found this while searching:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ensinodomestico/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lajes_Field

Kids don't necessarily need to speak the same language to play together, you know - you could just find something more hands-on than literary.

Trainee
User

Thanks

Postby Trainee » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:45 am

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:44 pm

Trainee
User

Thanks

Postby Trainee » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:30 am

:? I am somewhat troubled as I have tried these things and there are no real playgrounds around. The tourist information office can only give us what we know already so I will just go for it without worrying about the child play aspect at the moment. People here stick to family houses at the weekend too so it is just the culture which is unlike other places we have lived before. We will just keep him amused ourselves and hope for better weather and play at the beaches. Thank you for your time.

Return to “Getting Started”