Question about VA high school hours

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

de
User

Question about VA high school hours

Postby de » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:25 am

Lily
User

Postby Lily » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:20 am

It is allowed. That's the nice thing about homeschooling, it doesn't have to fit in the 8-3 package. :)

Do a search on homeschooling laws for your state and possible curriculum. You could even do an online program where she could do part of the work while you're at school.
"The greatest sign of success for a teacher... is to be able to say, "The children are now working as if I did not exist."
- M. Montessori
Proud non-member of the HSLDA

ncmom
User

Postby ncmom » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:55 am

batwing
User

Postby batwing » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:25 am

Another option might be to ask for an in-home tutor. When my dd was in the 11th grade (a few yrs ago) she also experienced depression to the extent that she was unable to attend school. Her Dr signed a note to that affect and she was then considered a "homebound" student and the school system HAD to provide a tutor for her. She finished out the 11th grade at home and was able to return for her 12th grade. If I had known then what I know now about homeschooling,she'd never have gone to public school any more! We live in VA so I'm assuming the law hasn't changed that much. Good luck!
The eternal God is thy refuge,and underneath are the everlasting arms.

Return to “Getting Started”