Growing heirloom veggies

Cooking, herbs, gardening, sewing, flower arrangement, building, decorating, and more!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune, Regina Hogsten

comusher
User

Growing heirloom veggies

Postby comusher » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:46 pm

Regina Hogsten

Postby Regina Hogsten » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:08 am

Thank you for the web site. I can't wait until spring - 6 more weeks. March is a teaser month. I like to be outside, but the weather is too windy and chilly. I am considering starting some seeds indoors, but I won't. I have too many other things to do. But, I will look through some catalogs on and off line. I like trying to grow different flowers or vegetables. The word is "trying". Sometimes, I am successful and others not. Last year, I tried growing arugula. Profuse. As long as I harvested small leaves, my family ate it without complaint. The larger the leaves, the more bitter. I did get them to eat "dirt lettuce" as my husband calls mesculin. He says store bought spring lettuce takes like dirt. (????)

Azcrabcakes
User

Old thread, new comment

Postby Azcrabcakes » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:26 pm

We just planted several heirloom tomatoes, cucumbers and spinach. We shall see! At this point, they are just spouts, from seedlings in old egg cartons.

Surprisingly, my high schooler got interested in gardening a month ago, and seems to have a green thumb! We are all involved in it now, and gardening is the highlight of our day!
My bed is a magical place where each night I remember everything I was
supposed to have done that day.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:47 pm

tazy
User

Postby tazy » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:25 am

We are a family of 5. I can normally keep the grocery bill to around $400 (give or take a bit) a month (ok, number 5 is only 13 months old). But whenever my husband visits the grocery store he pushes our costs to around $500 a month....!!!
Cut down your exam Braindumps by using our latest wikipedia

Return to “Home Economics with Regina Hogsten”