Silly rug issue

Cooking, herbs, gardening, sewing, flower arrangement, building, decorating, and more!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune, Regina Hogsten

gellegbs
User

Silly rug issue

Postby gellegbs » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:33 pm

I live in an apartment and like most apartments there is carpet everywhere, even in the dining area. I bought 2 cheap carpets to throw on top the carpet in the dining area. They are the most annoying things ever. They keep popping up and curling making it hard to deal with vacuuming under the dining table and chairs and even moving the dining furniture around. I've tried this sticker stuff that goes on the bottom of rugs and has a sort of rubber that is supposed to grip the floor, but I think its just for hard flooring cause it didn't make a difference. Any suggestions? I have the same prob with the living room area rug. I really can't afford new rugs these were 30$ a piece. I have a super tight budget.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:11 am

You're not going to get it to stick to the carpet underneath. You can either weight it down or nail it down with carpet tacks, short of that you'll just have to put up with it being annoying.

Regina Hogsten

Postby Regina Hogsten » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:25 pm

Teatime
User

curling rug

Postby Teatime » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:46 pm

I didn't look at the websites above, :wink: but would it help at all to roll the rug back up in the opposite direction of the curl for awhile? Retrain the fibers, maybe?
New to homeschooling
Old to parenting and marriage

gellegbs
User

Postby gellegbs » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:18 pm

4given
User

Postby 4given » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:28 am

Did you check out Regina's links? The first one mentions a rug-on-rug attachment of some sort. If it's shag carpet, you may have trouble but otherwise it sounds as if it will help with your situation. :)

Return to “Home Economics with Regina Hogsten”