Most Procrastined and Hated Chores

Cooking, herbs, gardening, sewing, flower arrangement, building, decorating, and more!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune, Regina Hogsten

momo3boys
User

Postby momo3boys » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:57 pm

Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:00 am

I don't really care that much if my socks match, I wear long pants and nobody's likely to notice :) But then again, nobody ever said I had impressive fashion sense.

abjennings
User

Postby abjennings » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:18 am

I hate cleaning the shower and bathtub. There is no easy way. And none of those advertised "self" cleaners do what they say. So I just keep the shower curtain closed. The diaper pail doesn't bother me.

Regina Hogsten

Postby Regina Hogsten » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:57 pm

My boys don't care if their socks match or not.

When my youngest goes to see the rheumatologist, rarely does he wear matching socks. He's usually in a hurry to get dressed, digs for socks in bottom of basket and off he goes without a care. He wouldn't care if there were holes.

I turn my socks inside out because the seam is annoying. The only exception are athletic socks that I bought from Nordstrom. They don't have a seam ridge. I have worn them at least 3 years (That's worded wrong. I do take them off to wash.) and they are just beginning to show wear.

Regina Hogsten

Postby Regina Hogsten » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:42 pm

Abjennings,

This might be helpful to you.
The 54 year old cast iron porcelain tub in the main bathroom is so difficult to clean cause the finish is worn. What I found that works for the old tub as well as the fiberglass in the other bathroom are nylon bath gloves. Step into the bathtub on a towel. Wear the gloves and treat them as if using a rag. Use whatever cleanser suits the finish. Wash the walls first, then take out the towel, squat down to wash the tub. If there is fungus on the caulk, then either squeeze bleach gel or soft scrub with bleach along the caulk line. Allow to remain for at least 10 minutes while you clean the rest of the bathroom. Wash off bleach cleanser using the gloves. The gloves can be cleaned in washing machine with some towels. The dryer doesn't seem to hurt them.

Also, it helps to have on hand 2 inexpensive ($2.00 ea) shower curtain liners. Two dollar or ten dollar shower liner doesn't make any difference in reducing fungus staining. When the one hanging is stained with fungus or when washed in machine won't come clean anymore (can be washed in machine with several white towels, soap, and 1 1/2 cups bleach, but may be cheaper to toss.) toss it out and rehang a clean one. It makes the bathroom smell and feel cleaner.

Momma24
User

Re: Great question!

Postby Momma24 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:36 pm

Homeschooling four
with the help of Mom SCHOOL
and staying healthy with Mom FITNESS!

ArthurGreene
User

Postby ArthurGreene » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:03 am

Return to “Home Economics with Regina Hogsten”