Prepare Winter Wear

Cooking, herbs, gardening, sewing, flower arrangement, building, decorating, and more!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune, Regina Hogsten

Regina Hogsten

Prepare Winter Wear

Postby Regina Hogsten » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:24 pm

If you haven't thought about it, get your kids, teens, and selves ready for cold weather, if it applies. The kids have probably outgrown last year's outdoor winter wear. Hand down coats, boots, snow pants, and whatever other gear and get some that fits. Check out Good Will, Am Vets, and other thrift stores for boots and snow pants. If you start a little early, you'll have choices. Keep an eye out for sales. When it's cold and it snows you'll be ready and happy with yourself for being prepared. And don't forget about yourself.

dawnr1101
User

Postby dawnr1101 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:00 pm

I live in MD also and trust me it's getting cold so the winter gear needs to come out now...scary all the stores have Christmas items out now...I'm not ready for this yet :)

Regina Hogsten

Postby Regina Hogsten » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:28 pm

I've enjoyed the warm weather so late in October. It's nice having all the pots on the deck with flowers in November. I am going to bring them in tomorrow. They didn't get damaged by the frost since they are close to the house.
Can you believe how long Lowe's has had the Christmas decorations on display? I am still trying to clean up some of the gardens and now its not too long we'll have to decorate. I am a bit of a grinch. I need to work on my attitude.
I have been waiting for it to get cooler, cause I need to clean out the attic. My kids throw stuff up there blockading access to the rest of the attic. Today, my husband attempted to organize it and in an instant was in a rotten mood. He made one dump-run. We'll finish it another day.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:35 am

dawnr1101
User

Postby dawnr1101 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:46 am

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:57 am

Return to “Home Economics with Regina Hogsten”