gluten-free

Cooking, herbs, gardening, sewing, flower arrangement, building, decorating, and more!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune, Regina Hogsten

Regina Hogsten

gluten-free

Postby Regina Hogsten » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:50 am

Anyone have any tasty, tried and true gluten-free recipes?

OldHomeschoolMom
User

Postby OldHomeschoolMom » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:19 pm

I don't know if this is anything like what you want, but it's a good recipe for bread.

3 eggs
1 packet Splenda
dash salt
pinch cream of tartar
3 Tbsp. cream cheese

Preheat oven to 300.

Separate the eggs and add Splenda, salt and cream cheese to the yolks. Whisk this mixture together. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff. I mean super stiff... when you can turn the bowl upside down and shake it and the whites don't move, then your ready for the next step.

Using a spatula, gradually fold the yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds. Flatten each just a little. Bake about 35 minutes. Let them cool on sheet for few minutes, then remove to rack and cool.

You can do them in different shapes. Usually I spread it on the cookie sheet and when done I cut it into squares the size of store bought bread.

Put them in baggies and set in frig overnight. If you eat one immediately it will be like eating air. After setting overnight in the frig, they are more like a slice of bread.
Last edited by OldHomeschoolMom on Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Homeschool Mom

Regina Hogsten

gluten-free bread recipe

Postby Regina Hogsten » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:55 am

Old Homeschool Mom,
I buy Splenda in bulk. Would you please tell me how much 1 package of Splenda measures?
Thanks.

OldHomeschoolMom
User

Re: gluten-free bread recipe

Postby OldHomeschoolMom » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:44 pm

Homeschool Mom

Princess_Fyara
User

Postby Princess_Fyara » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:33 pm

Hey, sounds interesting! I use Stevia (kind of like Splenda, only from a non-sugar plant) and I get it in bulk, so I could probably make this one too. I think it might be sweeter though, so I'd have to use less. I will try to make these for my Grandma!

Return to “Home Economics with Regina Hogsten”