Christmas "Readiness"

Cooking, herbs, gardening, sewing, flower arrangement, building, decorating, and more!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune, Regina Hogsten

Regina Hogsten

Christmas "Readiness"

Postby Regina Hogsten » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:47 pm

I've been thinking about what I need to do to improve my "readiness" for the Christmas holiday 2007. I'd like to do a few things several months ahead. Maybe in the summer. Right now, I am planning my daughter's wedding and when I get through that, preparing for Christmas will actually be fun - sort of relaxing.
What are some activities that could be done ahead? I used to look forward to Christmas activities. I need to get myself back on track.
What cookie recipes have you found that freeze well?

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:39 pm

Snowball cookies? :) Seriously though, I'd wait until fairly close to Christmas to bake cookies, since fresh cookies are always better than old ones. Anything made far ahead of time should preferably be inorganic.

Regina Hogsten

Postby Regina Hogsten » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:18 pm

Funny. I wish we would get some snow around here. It has been so warm the crocuses are up. I agree about the cookies. Anything that smells like the freezer can't taste good. Cookies are always best warm out of the oven although I have to make a hoard (and hide them) in order to save some for giving and eating later.

Return to “Home Economics with Regina Hogsten”