STEM Tutor

The one place in the forum where you can freely advertise your local events, services, commercial products, etc. Let others see what you have to offer!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

sloan
User

STEM Tutor

Postby sloan » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:10 am

Hello,
I have recently begun tutoring math, physics and engineering online. I started out doing this for extra money (I do hold a full-time engineering position), but I want to expand it because I really want to work with student below the highschool level. The reason I want to do this, is because I believe that many of the subjects I learn in even college level math, can be taught at a lower grade. It all makes so much more sense when the right person can explain something to you in many different, yet relative, ways. I hope to be able to spark the same desire for problem-solving and engineering design into someone else.

I was homeschooled for a handful of years, through grade school, so I know how it feels to be in the student's shoes. It was a great learning experience for me, and I really enjoyed it. I plan to homeschool my children, when my wife and I are given that opportunity. I want to show them the amazing and interesting side of learning. Something I did not see until late college years.

My degree is in Mechanical Engineering with a mathematics minor. I have experience with many computer programs, I am excellent with Microsoft Excel. I am experienced in electronics, and physics of fluids, mechanics, acoustics and thermal physics. I am excellent in writing technical papers, journals and lab reports.

I HIGHLY suggest contacting me before signing up for a tutoring session. I would like to know some about the child before tutoring so that I can hopefully use something to help make a connection. I have SO many ways of explaining some things.

I look forward to any opportunities that may arise.
Again, any questions at all, please contact me.

My tutoring site is here:
https://www.chegg.com/tutors/online-tut ... B-2479410/

Thank You,
Sloan

Return to “Local Events, Services, Commercial Products”