Spanish Lesson in a Virtual Classroom

The one place in the forum where you can freely advertise your local events, services, commercial products, etc. Let others see what you have to offer!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

LearnfromHome
User

Spanish Lesson in a Virtual Classroom

Postby LearnfromHome » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:21 pm

I am offering to teach Spanish I and II.

Materials:
Avancemos! 1 – ISBN: 978-0618748150 $11.00

Avancemos! 2 – ISBN: 978-0618887873 $8.00

Fee
$200 per year. You may pay $100 per semester (October and February or pay monthly $50 for 4 months (Oct, Nov., Feb., March)

Meetings
I am available any of the following time slots, but will pick one that most people prefer.

Spanish I: Monday 8-9:30, or Wednesday 8-9:30, (CST)

Spanish II: Monday 10-11:30 or Wednesday 10:11:30, (CST)

Schedule
Classes will begin the week of October 7th and go for 18 weeks (holiday weeks will include Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc.).

We will use an online classroom anymeeting.com and student will need to purchase a headset. We will have one web conference to get familiar with our virtual classroom before classes begin.

Course Description:

The levels of ¡Avancemos!, has a complete Vocabulary section with engaging material, covering these areas: travelling, sporting events, clothing, early civilizations and their habits, modern city lives, recipes, describing food and service, talking about movies, future plans, technology, school, relationships, personalities and appearance, environmental issues, professions and predictions.

Some language functions to learn in ¡Avancemos! are: expressing yourself courteously, giving opinions, presenting arguments, inviting and suggesting.
The Cultural awareness area teaches students about national parks, vacation destinations, sport chants, the history of the World Cup, comic strips, rural life, athletic routines, masks, handicrafts, shopping in Latin America, legends, ancient and modern cultures, Indians, traditional music, Spanish tapas, Pablo Neruda’s poetry, and many more.
Also there is a music section with lots of Latin music styles to learn about and listen to, as well as to entertain yourselves. Video presentations for grammar and vocabulary points will help you review, and you can also watch videos with stories to have fun!

Please let me know if you have any questions. If you are interested, please also let me know your preferred time slot.

Return to “Local Events, Services, Commercial Products”