Need Help Teaching Our Religion

Anything having to do with religion or religious debate goes here.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

mhunter2009
User

Need Help Teaching Our Religion

Postby mhunter2009 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:18 pm

I was wondering if anyone knows of the best way to teach our religion to our children. We are Pagan, or Witches, and love our religion more than anything. It's a perfect fit with us and who we are. We want to start teaching it to our children as well but when it comes to any religion I don't know how to teach it. I have studied many different religions before I found mine and I plan on teaching my children about all of them just for not so that we don't confuse them, it's already hard enough around Yule/Christmas because our families celebrate Christmas but we celebrate Yule. I want them to start with the basics but I'm not sure where to start when it comes to it. Any help would be much appreciated :)

Thank you
Amanda Hunter
Mommy to Two

gail1954
User

Teaching your religions

Postby gail1954 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:22 pm

Elaine Jephson
User

Re: Need Help Teaching Our Religion

Postby Elaine Jephson » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:43 pm

That must be really confusing for your kids but I think you're right in giving your kids a little background about other religions too so they can understand that there are different ways of faith and worship. I hope this book would be able to help you.

projectcool
User

Re: Need Help Teaching Our Religion

Postby projectcool » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:32 pm

In my opinion, give him the assurance that when the right time comes or when he's in the right age he could explore and study as many religion as he wants and that he is free to choose whatever faith or worship that he think is the right one for him.
projectcool

Return to “Religious Discussion / Topics”