Welcome!

Anything having to do with religion or religious debate goes here.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Theodore

Welcome!

Postby Theodore » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:22 pm

Welcome to the Religious Discussion / Topics area! I realize that some people (perhaps including myself) may have a difficult time being nice where religion is being debated, but please do your best to keep things civil - flame wars will not be appreciated.

Thanks!

Golabfamily
User

Postby Golabfamily » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi Theodore,

As some one who has studied for my postgraduate diploma in pastoral studies and spiritualism, I was wondering if you would be best to change the forum to read Spiritual forum or Spiritual Discussion / Topics.

Just an idea. I consider myself a very spiritual person, however not religious, I guess my main reason for this is that from where I sit, (others may disagree), you can not be religious without being spiritual, but you can be spiritual without being religious!

Hope that makes sense!

Like I said, just an idea .... and in changing the forum title it might create a space where more people can come and not feel threatened by that word 'religion' but be able to discuss all aspects of their spirituality.

Thanks Keren
Regardless of how we each choose to educate our children, may they have the most wonderful and fulfilling educational experience possible.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:56 pm

Hmm. Problem is that if I call it spiritual, I annoy religious people, and if I call it religious, I annoy non-religious people. Since I can't make everyone happy, I catered the name to the largest number of existing posts. It's not meant as a personal blow or anything, and you are of course still welcome to post in the area.

Golabfamily
User

Postby Golabfamily » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:03 pm

Hi Theodore,

I totally understand your reasoning, and have no hard feelings at all after all you have to do what you feel is right for your site and your member base. I just thought that changing the title will open the room to others who find the work religion confrontational and be more inviting for a larger number of people.

As for me I know I am welcome to post anywhere, but I do not get involved with religious discussions, so will probably not contribute in here.

Thanks for a great site,

Keren
Regardless of how we each choose to educate our children, may they have the most wonderful and fulfilling educational experience possible.

mommyto2gr8ones
User

Postby mommyto2gr8ones » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:49 pm

Crystal~wife to Robert~2/11/01
Mom to Joshua~7/19/00
Lillian~7/1/06
And Furbaby CopyCat~7/03
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me"~Phillipians 4:13

Return to “Religious Discussion / Topics”