What do you believe in?

Anything having to do with religion or religious debate goes here.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Jazzy
User

Postby Jazzy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:50 pm

ontheprairie
User

Postby ontheprairie » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:41 pm

seekingmyLord
User

Postby seekingmyLord » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:09 pm

I believe the Lord created it all. Until He Himself tells me otherwise, (because He really is the only One Who really knows) I believe that He could have done it in just six days as described in Genesis, so why would I doubt that it was?

The theory of evolution is something that we encounter constantly in TV documentaries and science books, so my daughter is and will be aware of it. I simply say that there are people who choose to believe the theory of evolution to be the truth, but I choose to believe the description in the Bible.

MMiller
User

Postby MMiller » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:06 am

Creationism-all the way.

kgianforti
User

Postby kgianforti » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:53 am

Creation.

pio444
User

Creation and evolution.

Postby pio444 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:55 am

We will teach both since both can co-exist together.What I mean is that evolution only explains how creation develops but it does not explain where did everything came from.That is where God,Intelligent Design comes in.Anyway if you have read on the origin of the species by Darwin,he never said that we come from monkeys.Whoever say that we come form monkeys ,I do not agree with that.

pio444
User

Beliefs

Postby pio444 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:19 am

We believe (I believe) in one God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible. And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, and born of the Father before all ages. (God of God) light of light, true God of true God. Begotten not made, consubstantial to the Father, by whom all things were made. Who for us men and for our salvation came down from heaven. And was incarnate of the Holy Ghost and of the Virgin Mary and was made man; was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate, suffered and was buried; and the third day rose again according to the Scriptures. And ascended into heaven, sits at the right hand of the Father, and shall come again with glory to judge the living and the dead, of whose Kingdom there shall be no end. And (I believe) in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of life, who proceeds from the Father (and the Son), who together with the Father and the Son is to be adored and glorified, who spoke by the Prophets. And one holy, catholic, and apostolic Church. We confess (I confess) one baptism for the remission of sins. And we look for (I look for) the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen."

StellarStory
User

Postby StellarStory » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:27 am

I believe in nothing that isn't clear to me. If god exist s/he has the ability to make it clear to me. At one time I believed very strongly but that was long ago and many losses ago.

Now I believe that if I do my best in life, that should be good enough for me or any higher being that may or may not exist. If it's good enough not then clearly that would be a higher being I don't care to follow.

Life is messy. We have to make good choices regardless. I don't need anything to tell me what those choices are.

JoshCHS
User

Postby JoshCHS » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:02 pm

Creation - I believe the Genesis account
Josh
www.christianhomeschoolstore.com
Christian curriculum -- discounted prices

Unladylike
User

Postby Unladylike » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:58 pm

JerbysMom
User

Postby JerbysMom » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:03 pm

rocketcitymama
User

Postby rocketcitymama » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:00 pm

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:01 am

Something isn't true just because the majority of people believe it is true. History is full of examples of people believing bad science, and I don't really see why living in modern times suddenly makes everyone infallible. Heck, even evolutionary theory itself has been almost totally replaced over the last hundred years or so.

I'll leave you with two thoughts:
- Microevolution is not the same thing as macroevolution.
- The speed of light is affected by gravity, and the universe is expanding.

homeschoolpop
User

Homeschooling Christians

Postby homeschoolpop » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:45 pm

We are a Christian Homeschooling Family. We are young earthians. "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." The Scriptures date the earth using genealogical dating and various other historic markers recorded in God’s word. We can date Noah’s flood at 1,656 years from the day Adam opened his eyes. We can go on from there with precision to the birth of Jesus Christ, and of course on to today. Keep in mind, this is taught and lived from Believers.
"God does not give us everything we want, but He does fulfill His promises...leading us along the best and straightest paths to Himself." Bonhoeffer

PadrePio222
User

Postby PadrePio222 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:23 pm

I believe in God the Father Almighty!
God Bless You

Return to “Religious Discussion / Topics”