Pro-life vs Pro-choice

Anything having to do with religion or religious debate goes here.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Ceili
User

Postby Ceili » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:43 am

JaneLovesJesus
User

Postby JaneLovesJesus » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:02 am

Lily
User

Postby Lily » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:28 am

"The greatest sign of success for a teacher... is to be able to say, "The children are now working as if I did not exist."
- M. Montessori
Proud non-member of the HSLDA

JaneLovesJesus
User

Postby JaneLovesJesus » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:45 pm

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:01 am

Lauren
User

Ectopic Pregnancy and Cancer

Postby Lauren » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:05 am

Lauren
User

Safer Cancer Treatment Alternatives for Pregnant Women

Postby Lauren » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:14 am

[Here is a continuation of my previous post, that I separated into two parts for greater clarity]

In regards to cancer, there are also methods of curing that could pose zero threat to the baby. Read "The China Study" where it was found that:

1) People in countries/regions that eat a predominantly plant-based diet have HUGELY lower to ZERO rates of cancer, compared to those who consume a diet with a significant amount of animal products.

2.) Two groups of rats were exposed to Aflatoxin, one of the most highly carcinogenic compounds known. One group of rats was fed a diet that included 20 percent of the milk protein casein and the other group of rats was fed a diet that was vegan. 100 percent of the rats in the group that ate the diet containing animal products got cancer and ZERO percent of the rats in the group that ate a vegan diet got cancer. Americans typically consume a diet that includes approximately 20 percent animal products.

3.) Studies on human cells showed that cancer cell growth could be started and stopped based on what those cells were fed. Further tests indicate that a diet including up to 5 percent animal product had no effect on cancer cell growth, but that as the animal product intake increasing beyond that, the rate of cancer growth increased in proportion to that.

4) In conclusion based on these and many, MANY other studies that are documented in this book, genes and environmental factors can determine what type of cancer or illness you are likely to get, but your diet will determine whether or not you fall ill to them.

I gave away my copy of that book, so I may not have explained this information in the most articulate way. Here is a link to info on the book : http://www.thechinastudy.com/about.html

Vegetable juicing shows huge promise and there are hundreds of testimonies of people who have cured their diseases using this approach. If a cancer patient were to go on a juice fast of only water and juices of vegetables or fruits with strong anti-cancer properties (freshly juiced, RAW, organic produce--pasteurized bottled juices would have no positive effect), they would be forcing the cancer cells to consume glucose in a form which contained deadly nutrients (deadly for the cancer cells, but not the healthy cells!). The stage of cancer that a person had would determine how much solid or liquid food they consumed, though cancer patients often have such a hard time assimilating proper nutrition, that juicing provides the most nutrition with the least demand on the body's digestive capabilities.

Sorry for the rabbit trail, but I needed to mention at least some supporting evidence to these alternatives, in order to make this point: there are viable alternative therapies that would actually pose no risk to the fetus; on the contrary, it would be incredibly healthy for the fetus and the mom.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:59 pm

I'm sure you're right about the benefits of a full fruit / vegetables diet, but only if you're in a situation where you need to flush your system. It's hard to have a sufficiently varied diet without eating any meat, and vegans tend to be malnourished as a result (esp children).

Given, I've read that cutting back on beef and eating more fish / chicken is good for your health, and there's certainly no reason not to eat plenty of fruit and vegetables.

Lauren
User

Postby Lauren » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:30 am

Theodore,

I agree with you in that even if one does not accept a diet with little to no meat as a permanent way of eating, that a fruit and vegetable cleansing diet would at least be beneficial during the cancer treatment period for a pregnant woman. However, why get cancer in the first place, when there is good evidence that you never have to? If a mother does not discover she has cancer until it is at stage three or four, she may then find herself in the position of choosing a conventional treatment which recommends the aborting of her baby. For this reason, I offer some more support of the whole foods, plant based diet, to prevent this outcome.

Actually, it is very possible to succeed on a vegan diet with no meat, IF the diet is rich in uncooked green leafy vegetables, sprouted grains, nuts and seeds, and fruits. There are a good number of "processed food vegans" out there, who don't eat enough fresh fruits and veggies, possibly resulting in the malnourished individuals that you speak of. I personally believe that some meat is fine (though not necessarily ideal), because I come from a Christian perspective that realizes that God allows us to consume meat. It is important to keep in mind though, that in biblical times they ate far less animal products than we do today in America. The evidence in the China Study shows that up to five percent of a diet could contain animal products, which, per my calculations, for someone on a 2500 calorie diet is approximately a steak per week...or no meat, but a small amount of milk or cheese each day (note: the author of the China Study recommends simply abstaining from all animal products, because he is concerned that people wouldn't closely follow the five percent allowance). However, God's original plan was for us to be vegetarian, a plan that existed from creation until after the global flood. Only then did he finally give permission, but not command, us to eat meat (except to the Israelites in certain religious feasts). Interestingly, in heaven there won't be any death or suffering and we will be eating like we were in the very beginning. I know this appeal to Biblical history/prophecy probably won't persuade those of you who do not accept the Bible as historical fact (but check out www.answersingenesis.org for stunning Bible-based scientific research, that gives us confidence in the Bible). Anyhow, our bodies are still well-equipped to function primarily or even solely on a plant-based diet.

When we eat, say, chicken, cooking will denature a good bit of the protein that is in there and then our body needs to break down the protein molecules into their building blocks of amino acids. Then our body reassembles these amino acids to form proteins that our body can then assimilate. Leafy greens contain ALL the essential amino acids required to form protein and when we consume them raw, our body can start right away with these building blocks to form protein—actually making protein from this source easier to assimilate than that from an animal source. Here is a link with more info on this topic: http://www.livingtreecommunity.com/store2/abugree.asp
The author of this excerpt, Victoria Boutenko, wrote an excellent book called “Green for Life,â€

Glottis
User

Postby Glottis » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:52 pm

i'd choose life, without even blinking an eye... :)

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:35 pm

The single most important thing you can do is take folic acid supplements during pregnancy, this greatly decreases the chances of birth defects and complications.

As for leafy greens, you'd have to eat a large variety of greens to get the full array of amino acids, and the human body isn't as well-designed for digesting greens as that of, say, a horse or cow. That 5% meat you mention is probably quite essential.

(incidently, humans before the Flood had little or no genetic damage, were living in a hyperbaric atmosphere, and may have had different digestive bacteria for all we know - I'm not sure that situation compares)

StellarStory
User

Postby StellarStory » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:49 pm

I chose choice. My personal choice would be life.

pio444
User

Abortion is Racism!

Postby pio444 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:50 am

Abortion,sterilization and contraception is racism.It was done for eugenics reasons.

www.maafa21.com www.blackgenocide.org

Out of the 50,457,000 abortions since Roe vs. Wade half of those abortions have been done by minorities.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Well... it was actually mass sterilization that was primarily promoted by eugenicists, not abortion or contraception. Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, was not a eugenicist - she just wanted to kill as many babies as possible and didn't much care whether they were black babies or white babies or poor babies or rich babies. Eugenicists of the time largely despised her. And contraception is voluntary, obviously of no use for eugenics.

The real reason why half of abortions have been black (assuming those figures are correct) is that abortions correlate to lack of income. Poorer people tend to have a lot more children outside of marriage, and a large percentage of those are aborted rather than kept to term. Since blacks (on average) are poorer than whites, you would expect a disproportionate number of abortions to be black. So it's not racism, it's just - to be absolutely blunt - where the money is.

And in the end, does it really matter? A baby killed is a baby killed, it shouldn't matter to you if the baby dies because of racism or because the mom just doesn't want to mess up her career.

JoshCHS
User

Postby JoshCHS » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:56 am

In the past, our country dehumanized people of black skin, and allowed others to take these people into slavery.

Now, our country dehumanizes the unborn, and allows them to be killed.

Sad news.
Josh
www.christianhomeschoolstore.com
Christian curriculum -- discounted prices

Return to “Religious Discussion / Topics”