TV Pastors

Anything having to do with religion or religious debate goes here.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Calleigh
User

TV Pastors

Postby Calleigh » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:12 am

ncmom
User

Postby ncmom » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:45 am

That is a good question. I am sure there are preachers out there I have never even heard of that are in the main stream. We actually have a local TV station where I live and they have a lot of religious programming so the people I watch are all local and no one on this board, outside of someone who lives down the block from me, would know any of the people I watch. I watch the pastor from our local Baptist Church and my old neighbor preaches so occasionally him, but I don't always believe the same way he does so sometimes I have to turn it off. My husband loves the Southern Gospel Praise Time which I believe is mostly music. We don't watch any of them regularly but we do watch the station regularly so we actually watch some kind of preaching/Christian singing almost everyday.

Calleigh
User

Postby Calleigh » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:10 am

I hear you on the not agreeing with some things. I once watched a local pastor on a station and liked the message so much that we decided to visit that church. It was quite a disappointment when we got there and I disgreed with almost everything he said!! :o It turned out to be one of those "name it claim it" feeling services; it's all about what you want. :( I don't like those.

Calleigh

ncmom
User

Postby ncmom » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:50 pm

micheller79
User

pastors

Postby micheller79 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:04 pm

No one wants to hear the truth of the gospel. So, those churches just give them a sucker and entertain them and stamp their book as attended church this week. I am sounding bitter. we are not going anywhere steady now because fed up with the childish ways of church folks. But still devoted to God. I love Charles Stanley. But I listen to the radio program in mornings at 8:30 am. I have extensive notes from his sermons and at least every thing he says you can follow in scripture.

I like Joel Osteen. My husband likes Joyce Meyer. We both like a good sermon that makes you want to dig deeper.

4given
User

Re: pastors

Postby 4given » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:43 pm

Calleigh
User

Postby Calleigh » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:49 am

Hi Micheller,

I like Joel Osteen too, but I do find him to be more of a "believers" preacher. It doesn't seem like you can really apply many of his sermons to a non believer; if you did it would only be a "feel good" thing. That is the thing that is concerning, you see like ten thousand people sitting there feeling all good, but do they know Jesus?

It is hard, being involved in a local church because I think we just expect more from these people. And really, why shouldn't we? If we are who we claim to be it should change us. (even though we all fail from time to time) the core should be forgiving and accepting of each other and I think that is where the church often "lets us down." :( And I hear you on the people not really wanting to hear the truth. Many of the purpose driven type churches spend so much time trying to be "relevant" to the world that they start to look and act just like the world. It's hard to preach the truth when you are worried about keeping people "happy." It does people a horrible disservice, I think.

I do hope you find a great church where you feel you fit in and can hear the Word. But your devotion to God is His greatest concern; it's not about just going to a church. (but you already know that :) )

Calleigh

micheller79
User

pastors

Postby micheller79 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:27 am

I did have to forgive quite a few times. I didn't mean to sound unforgiving. I love all, esp. the unlovable. but thanks for responding. I do love the lord and you are right if we don't love our neighbor then we do not love god.

4given
User

Postby 4given » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:54 am

Micheller, you didn't sound unforgiving, at all. You sounded more like someone who was in a battle. I just happened to read it and was able to relate. I've seen some really tough times lately with regards to the Body of Christ. I've struggled with wanting to retreat from the situation but I always come back to the understanding that I am where God wants me to be. I am clinging to the word that says He causes all things to work together for good for those who love Him. I have forgiven the person in this situation and I've seen God move. He's changing the other person's heart, as well as my own. It's been a painful process but I know God is with me in it. I hope that I did not sound offensive. That was not my intention.

mommyto2gr8ones
User

Postby mommyto2gr8ones » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:44 pm

Crystal~wife to Robert~2/11/01
Mom to Joshua~7/19/00
Lillian~7/1/06
And Furbaby CopyCat~7/03
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me"~Phillipians 4:13

Return to “Religious Discussion / Topics”