NEED microscope for Apologia biology

Are your children done using their curriculum? Trade it to someone else!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Pamala
User

NEED microscope for Apologia biology

Postby Pamala » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:07 pm

Hi, we need a good microscope for Apologia Science. I am finding them all over the net for $139.00 to $179.00 for the power level we need. Does any one have a used one that you are no longer using? I would love to buy it. Contact me at Luvs2homeschool@aol.com if you can help us out. Thank You for your time, Pamala

Theodore

You might consider teaming up with several other...

Postby Theodore » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:22 pm

What power level do you need? Have you tried EBay and so on? You might also consider teaming up with several other homeschool families in your area to buy your lab equipment, since while you'll want your own slides and test tubes and so on, there's no reason why you can't share a microscope. You could meet together every week or two, or take turns using it for a month, whatever works.

Pamala
User

msg for Theodore

Postby Pamala » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:07 pm

Thank You for your thoughtful note. This is our 18th year hs'ing. We have a microscope that is in storage. I can't get to it right now. My older daughter majored in biology and will be teaching the class for us. YEA! Right now it will just be easier to buy another scope instead of spending 6-10 hours going through all of our containers, and then another 6 hours packing them all back into the unit. We are looking for a scope that has 40X, 100X and 400X. I hope to find one used. New is not in the budget, but will become part of it if needed. Sometimes spending the money is wiser than giving up time. God Bless, have a most wonderful week. Pamala

Return to “Used Curriculum Selling”