Starfall.com

Preschool readiness skills (birth to age 5) and the common developmental concerns of young children.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

sandysand
User

Starfall.com

Postby sandysand » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:42 am

Hello, my daughter is 3 and I just recently introduced her to the starfall.com website so she can learn to read. I think it's wonderful resource and I'd like to know if any other parents have had success with this site? how old was your child when you started using it?

kgianforti
User

Postby kgianforti » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:44 am

4given
User

Postby 4given » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:50 am

luvtolearn
User

Postby luvtolearn » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:47 pm

I love starfall. My little girl started using it when she was 3 1/2 with assistance. Now, she is almost 5 and is all over it. She loves it because there is so much that she can do independently. I do try to sit with her occasionally though, because I feel that she get's more out of it educationally if I help direct her a bit. I find this with leapfrog products too.

TandLMommy28
User

Postby TandLMommy28 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:27 am

The work will wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow will not wait while you do the work.

tash
User

Postby tash » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:24 am

my daughter will be four in a couple of weeks. I saw this thread yesterday (thank you) and set it up on her laptop today. SHE LOVES IT! They were just singing the abc's and she started doing her happy dance. I like that I am over here on my computer feeding her brother while she does the site by herself a few feet away.

Does anyone know of a site similar to this that does math? I didn't see math on starfall.......

staceyrella1
User

Awesome!!!

Postby staceyrella1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:47 pm

cycle1667
User

Postby cycle1667 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:25 pm

My 4 year old daughter has been using the Starfall site for a little over a year now and it still holds her attention unlike many other programs she has experienced. She recently has become quite good at navigating the site herself, until she clicks on something outside the frame and then the wheels fall off.
cycle1667
Merry Go Rounds

TheresaHPIR
User

Postby TheresaHPIR » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:32 pm

My little one is 10 months old, and together we've explored the site a little bit. I still need to do all the navigating, but he loves watching the little alphabet lessons and hearing the stories. He loves the letter L; its the first letter in his name, so we concentrate on that one.

I do a lot of work at home on the computer, and he always wants to join. His idea of computer work involves banging on the keyboard or "typing" random buttons. I figured if he's interested in the computer, StarFall is a nice, educational compromise. He keeps his hands poised as if getting ready to type, but he stops beating the keyboard long enough to sit enthralled at the videos for awhile.

Jakk
User

Postby Jakk » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:48 pm

My 5 yr old loves the Starfall website too. I signed her up for the ClickNKids and she really likes it. I like that it builds on each lesson and gives me a report of how she did at the end of each lesson. I dont know if the ClickNkids still has the promo but if you type in SAVINGS you get 40% off.

BYO Playground
User

Starfall

Postby BYO Playground » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:24 pm

What do you like about Starfall? How has it help your child? We are looking to help our kids read better and there are tons of resources but a testimonial would be great if you don't mind giving it.
BYO Playground sells a wide selection of BYO Playground, Bleachers & Dog Playground Equipment

Return to “Preschool and Readiness”