3 1/2 year old newbie ?

Preschool readiness skills (birth to age 5) and the common developmental concerns of young children.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

bcksmom
User

3 1/2 year old newbie ?

Postby bcksmom » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:05 pm

My son is 3 1/2 years old. I bough the Handwriting Without Tears Kinder book and am hoping to start in on that with him. He is totally interested...I just need to find the time. When does "formal" curriculum planning need to start? I also bought some Before The Code books...but I am just plain clueless on what he is suppose to be doing right now. I don't want to be stressed out about what he isn't learning...I just want him to love learning...and he does, but I don't want to drop the ball since I will be his main guiding teacher!! Thanks in advance for your help!!

hscoach
User

Postby hscoach » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:57 pm

It sounds like you are doing a great job with your son. You could do some things with him if he wants to, but make it fun and don't put pressure on him since he is so young. I don't think you need to do formal curriculum planning until he is in kindergarten, which would be around age 5.........and even then, you don't need to do much. Here is a very interesting article I found that you might enjoy reading:

http://magicalchildhood.wordpress.com/2 ... -old-know/

SkillaDo
User

Postby SkillaDo » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:03 pm

Fun with learning is what your child needs. Being a loving, caring, and friendly parent, you need to participate with him in his learning activities so that learning doesn’t get boring. Learning is an emotional process, so let him absorb it, let him love it and it will get easier in time :)

Good Luck

Return to “Preschool and Readiness”