Need advice for 10 month old son

Preschool readiness skills (birth to age 5) and the common developmental concerns of young children.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

llamatron
User

Need advice for 10 month old son

Postby llamatron » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:27 pm

Victoria

bright_tomato
User

Postby bright_tomato » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:29 am

Mathmom
User

Postby Mathmom » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 pm

Hi Victoria,
Have you heard of Dr. William Sears? He has a book called The Baby Book. I did some of the games and things he talked about in that book. You might find your baby will enjoy being carried in a sling, to see lots of things. Also, your baby is still very young and has lots of skills he will learn naturally.

Jazzy
User

Postby Jazzy » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:43 pm

Miss_Kristy
User

Postby Miss_Kristy » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:05 pm

llamatron
User

Postby llamatron » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:56 am

Thanks! I got a book called 'baby days' that has lots of neat info on things to do with babies (games, things you can do with household stuff, etc). Since I had practically no experience with babies before my son, I just had no idea what to do with him. He loves the word and math game, though, he loves looking at the cards whether we're doing a session or not.
Victoria

Rayaansmom
User

Postby Rayaansmom » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:56 pm

Hi Victoria

At 10 months old, he's got a lot of time ahead of him!

Keep it simple. Let him explore a treasure basket - gather some objects from around the house, each of different color, size, shape, and texture. Shell, pine cone, feather, a smooth stone, a flower, a sponge, satin and velvet ribbons, a bell, wool.
Don't add anything that's too sharp, or has small detachable pieces.

Also include spice jars with a few scents in each - lemon, lavender and encourage him to sniff.
Make shakers out of jars with beans, peas, small pebbles and sand in each shaker, and let him experiment on his own.

Also, remember there is such a thing as overstimulation that can lead to boredom. Try and find a balance that works for him.

Hope this helps.

Return to “Preschool and Readiness”