What homeschool lesson planner/record keeper do you use?

How do you organize what your children have done into a record of work? Discuss this and other related issues here!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

jblwhopper
User

What homeschool lesson planner/record keeper do you use?

Postby jblwhopper » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:40 pm

I'm just curious what programs you all are using to keep your records, and what you like/don't like about it.

I read in a previous post that a someone had been using a free online program that logs daily hours/subjects covered, has a lesson planner and you could add stuff like field trips etc. If you know what program that is, could you please tell me your thoughts on it? Is it easy to use? How complete is it? Any info would be great!

I am getting ready to embark on our first year of homeschool and we live in MO. I am not OCD and don't want to have to do a whole lot of work on the computer as I don't have a lot of time to spend doing it. I would like to have some feedback so that I can make a educated decision without spending money, then not liking the program. Thanks a lot!

hscoach
User

Postby hscoach » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:06 pm

I have never used a planner so I can't give you my thoughts on it, but I thought I would share this link for one that is free:

http://www.homeschoolskedtrack.com/Home ... ayLogin.do

Since it's free, you could try it and just see what you think without losing any money.

jblwhopper
User

Postby jblwhopper » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:12 pm

thanks a lot for that link... I'll look into it for sure, it seems pretty easy to use.

1to1tutor
User

Postby 1to1tutor » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:39 am

The Checklist by Cindy Downes is an assessment tool and a lesson-planning guide. The topics are listed sequentially or by subject matter so that you can teach the subjects you want, when you want.

PinkLady
User

Postby PinkLady » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:39 pm

Anyone have a recommendation for a print planner? Something to put in your hands, not online?

elliemaejune
User

Postby elliemaejune » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:17 pm

FergN'Us Services' Home Schoolers' Journal.
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 40 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Servant of 1 kitteh

Return to “Recordkeeping / Portfolios”