Easy beginning chapter books

Phonics, reading, writing, spelling, grammar, vocabulary, and more!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

kkapfe
User

Easy beginning chapter books

Postby kkapfe » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:01 pm

I'm looking for some suggestions for beginning chapter books. My second grader is a smidge behind with her reading. We are half-way through her "Meeting New Friends" reader from Christian Liberty Press. It is going well, but I want her to start experiencing some easy chapter books once she is finished. It seems that a lot of "beginning" chapter books have chapters that would seem too long for her since she is easily overwhelmed. When she feels overwhelmed, she doesn't even want to try.

Any suggestions on some good series that might work or perhaps just some good beginning chapter novels?

mikeclan
User

Postby mikeclan » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:30 pm

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I am looking for the same thing. Actually I found a place where I can get essay ideas and papers but i thought I should research a bit more before sticking with it. Hope someone can help me out here. Wanted an essay scratch book for my 10 year old son. Any help will be appreciated.

olivialeeper
User

Postby olivialeeper » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:11 am

Early readers focus on very short books that are light on text and heavy on pictures and illustrations. As they become more confident, children can transition to kids’ chapter books — stories that are long enough to be divided into chapters, but not as long or complicated as a novel. Chapter books still feature illustrations, but fewer than early readers’ picture books. Generally speaking, children become ready to transition to kids’ chapter books at around age 7 or 8.

Return to “Reading, Writing, Language Arts”