Sequential Spelling

Phonics, reading, writing, spelling, grammar, vocabulary, and more!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

ontheprairie
User

Sequential Spelling

Postby ontheprairie » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:10 am

I want to talk to people who have used this program and can tell me about it. I have three kids in school... 11 year old boy going into grade 6, 10 year old girl going into grade 5, and 6 year old girl going into grade 1. This is going to be our second year of homeschool. We do Abeka Book curricullum but I have considering doing Sequential Spelling for our grade 5 and 6 students who have never learned phonics and sounds. Our 10 year old really struggles with her spelling and I spent the year last year going back to the basics and teaching her the same phonics I was teaching our kindergarten student. She enjoyed it and really felt proud of herself for having learned so much she had never learned before.

Thanks.

Jazzy
User

Postby Jazzy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:07 am

I used Sequential Spelling with my son last year. It is a really good program, and my son enjoyed it. The only downside is that you have to sit and do the program with your child every day, which for us took 15-20 minutes. My son is a natural speller, and didn't really need that type of one on one attention for spelling so I decided to go with a workbook type program that he can do on his own.

I think it is a good program though for children who have trouble with traditional programs. Here are some reviews - Sequential Spelling reviews

sunnySue10
User

I like Dr. Aardsma's Spelling Drill!

Postby sunnySue10 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:05 pm

Return to “Reading, Writing, Language Arts”