Plant, animal, or mineral?

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Enzo's dad
User

Do your kids love bugs?

Postby Enzo's dad » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:53 pm

Mine sure does. It creeps me out.

Check out my son's new project http://www.enzoology.com

Enzo is seven years old and we've homeschooled him most of his life. He has always been on fire for science - particularly paleontology, entomology and geology. About a month ago, he discovered YouTube (not on his own but with my supervision) When he learned that anyone could put a video up, he came back and said "Dad, I have an idea". Thus, Enzoology was born (the name was his idea)

Enzo does all the research and delivers the content off the top of his head. The show is one week old and already people are going nuts over it.

Let us know what you think.

4given
User

Postby 4given » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:15 pm

Awesome!!!

momo3boys
User

Postby momo3boys » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:36 am

That is so cool!! I always have strange creatures in my house. (caged thankfully) My 7yo's favorite are the caterpillars. We have a lot of Chrysalises and Cocoons right now. Where we live the caterpillars must freeze solid in the pupa stage before they can emerge as a butterfly or moth in the spring. Absolutely amazing. Only the monarch hatches in the fall then winters thousands of miles away.

Ok I'm off my buggy soap box. but children's excitement can be sooo contagious sometimes! :wink:
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:08 pm

I remember one year when a neighbor's tree had a tent caterpillar infestation, and caterpillars were swarming all over our rose bushes and crawling up the sides of the house. My older bro and I got buckets and ran around seeing who could collect the most caterpillars :)

I also had a decent butterfly / moth collection. I managed to find and catch a swallowtail (somewhat battered), a monarch, a couple lunar moths, and a really large brown moth of some sort (wing span probably a good 5+ inches).

Enzo's dad
User

Postby Enzo's dad » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:51 am

Caterpillars don't bug me that much. I hate spiders and other fast moving types. Of course my son loves anything that freaks me out. He's been known to sneak up on me and shove a nasty cicada in my face when I least expect it. Hilarious.

We are working on Episode Two - Sea life. Stay tuned and tell your friends!

Enzo's dad
User

New episode - Enzoology

Postby Enzo's dad » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:57 pm

Check it out! The show is coming together. We have even attracted the attention of a company that specializes in kids entertainment. Also, if you like the show you can now subscribe!

http://www.enzoology.com

Enzo's delivery is getting better and he's really excited about the show. He does need a haircut though....

momo3boys
User

Postby momo3boys » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:49 am

Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Shari Nielsen
User

Postby Shari Nielsen » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:30 pm

Free Report! Start your own online tutoring business & earn $25 -$75/hour from home. Get your free report at http://www.TutorFi.com/freereport.asp

Return to “Science”