Perfect Biology/Chemistry Textbook

Plant, animal, or mineral?

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Morgan
User

Perfect Biology/Chemistry Textbook

Postby Morgan » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:04 pm

Good textbook suggestions for 8th-9th grade kids starting to take Biology and Chemistry classes: Biology DeMistified and Chemistry DeMistified are perfect for upper middle school/early high school students looking for something that teaches the subject well and comes with chapter-ending 10-question quizzes, Part tests, and a final exam at the end. Complete with back-of-the-book answers so homeschooling parents require no research or online searching to grade their children's work. You can find these books on Amazon or eBay for a fair price, and I recommend them for students who have already completed a Life Science class and a Physical Science class for best results.
"What we want to see is the child in pursuit of knowledge, not knowledge in pursuit of the child."
- George Bernard Shaw

phiferan
User

Postby phiferan » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:04 pm

Where do you order these texts? Is there a web site?

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:34 pm

As she said, eBay and Amazon. You can probably also get them from other sources, but I personally prefer to buy used textbooks whenever possible so I don't have to pay full price.

phiferan
User

Postby phiferan » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:43 pm

Thanks. Sorry, not used to using EBay. I tried the search engine on Amazon to look for the Biology text and it did not match any of their products.

StellarStory
User

Postby StellarStory » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:52 pm

phiferan
User

Postby phiferan » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:25 pm

Thanks, I just copied into the search engine what the earlier message said and it was indeed misspelled. Thanks for the correction and I found the book on Amazon and directly at the McGraw-Hill Professional site as well, http://www.mhprofessional.com/category/?cat=1 Thanks again and God Bless.

StellarStory
User

Postby StellarStory » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:39 pm

I'm glad I could help.

*smile*

Please, let us know what you think of the books overall. I saw some mixed reviews. I'm curious.

Return to “Science”