Online Homeschooling

Discuss unschooling, eclectic, the unit study approach, or any other "unusual" homeschooling method.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Lily
User

Postby Lily » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:25 am

No direct experience, no. It's a public school at home, so while it is "free" you adhere to the PS standards of your state.
"The greatest sign of success for a teacher... is to be able to say, "The children are now working as if I did not exist."
- M. Montessori
Proud non-member of the HSLDA

jennm2203
User

Postby jennm2203 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:08 pm

Nicole333
User

childish

Postby Nicole333 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:07 pm

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
-Albert Einstein

yesclass
User

Read Our Letter to Parents

Postby yesclass » Thu May 02, 2013 4:32 pm

Well, I wrote a letter to parents today and would like to share it so that others can critique my belief in my online education system.

Please leave a comment if you have a blogger (google) account.
Hello, if you are curious about our online one-on-one tutoring company, please read our letter to parents.

http://welcomeyesclass.blogspot.com/201 ... rents.html

PeterSinko
User

Postby PeterSinko » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:33 am

What I personally think is if your child is having an problem with maths or even suffering from math phobia, best option for your child is get them an home math tutor it would really help them out.

hannahsmith
User

Postby hannahsmith » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:26 am

I hope this isn't too late but the best way to conquer math phobia is to make math appear "cool". Often, it looks so dull and imposing that kids naturally are turned off by it. Try supplementing your child's curriculum with worksheets - there are so many out there with favourite Disney, DreamWorks, Pixar Characters. The other thing you can do is introduce him to http://www.mathblaster.com . I recommend this because it has worked with my children and those I tutor. Of course, my advice to you would be to look for games YOU think are appropriate for your child since you know him best. Play it, review it. I'm sure your son will grow to love Math in no time.

Return to “Homeschooling Styles and Philosophies”