Can you help with my online advent calendar?

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

SparkyTeaching
User

Can you help with my online advent calendar?

Postby SparkyTeaching » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:10 pm

Hello there - I am a teacher from the UK who runs my own website. I'm trying to set up a free online advent calendar where each day reveals a piece of children's artwork based on the question "What does Christmas mean to you?" I will be using it in class and I hope regular readers of my site will take a look too.

I have posted on regular teaching websites for teachers to participate, but thought I might get some interesting responses from home-schooled kids too...

The idea is that children all over the world will be able to see what others think about Christmas. It means a lot to me and this is my feeble attempt to get children thinking about what the real meaning might be.

If your children are interested, I have posted the competition rules at www.sparkyteaching.com/creative/bitsand ... -calendar/

Basically you can enter by e-mailing your drawing or painting to competition<at>sparkyteaching.com

It would be really interesting to see what home-schooled children have to offer on the subject of what Christmas means to them.

Thanks,
Patrick Webb
ONE BIG QUESTION, 365 DAYS at www.sparkyteaching.com/hmmm.html

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”