Reliable Kids Email..

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Jolly

Reliable Kids Email..

Postby Jolly » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:06 am

Editor: Probable spam, but the subject is worthy of discussion...

My son is nine years old and I want to him internet savvy. I want him to familiarize himself with internet operations as knowledge of the internet is a must these days. And I think he is in the right age for this. But I am also aware of the hazards of internet usage
and would like to safeguard my child from them. So I had chosen to have [redacted] to have a safe email service for my kids. What yours view? Lets share it..

bchsmom
User

I hope your company does well

Postby bchsmom » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:49 pm

but the absolute best way to protect kids on the internet is education and supervision. Our computers are in the middle of high traffic areas.
To put safeguards on your computer and then rely on those to keep your kids away from predators is giving yourself a false sense of security. Any nine year old that can use a computer can figure out how to set up their own email account in five minutes or less. What is stopping the child from creating their own private hotmail etc. account?

Profit from fear is not something I'm interested in.
Michelle

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”