Vaccinate or not vaccinate?

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

ncmom
User

Postby ncmom » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:50 am

4given
User

Postby 4given » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:18 am

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:57 pm

Chickenpox is not what I'd call a dangerous disease unless you catch it when you're an older adult. Most of us had it as children, and I was the only one who even had a fever. Given, it was pretty miserable being covered in itchy sores, but not worth being vaccinated against, imho.

Yes, some of the articles about mercury / Thimerosal are pretty scary, though it's still less likely you will develop problems as a result of taking a few vaccines, than that you will die or be severely impaired by catching polio, measles, mumps, etc. Not that you shouldn't do everything you can to get vaccines without dangerous preservatives, mind you...

bubbaansissy
User

Postby bubbaansissy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:41 pm

Did you know that things like measles, pertussis, polio, etc. were in a major decline before the gov't started mandating vaccines. So, if the diseases were all declining, why do you think the gov't started requiring them? Hmmm....sounds to me like (and this is just my opionion) they were making deals w/ all of the major pharmaceuticals/drug makers. Now look at all the questions surrounding these vaccines. Also, have you ever heard of anyone (vaccinated or not) having polio? rubella? pertussis? measles?....???? how about chicken pox? ever heard of anyone having chicken pox that was vaccinated against it? YES!!!!! so, why even get the vaccine that is suppose to prevent us from getting it? & what's so wrong w/ getting the chicken pox? most of us had it when we were children & we're still alive to tell about it. in fact, most parents back then wanted you to get chicken pox so you wouldn't get it when you were older. ah....begs the question to vaccinate or not??? does anyone really know what's best anymore? our gov't sure thinks they know what's better for my children than i do & that's just simply nonsense. :roll:
Colossians 3:2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things....

Homeschooling Mama of Jake & Kenzie Leigh
Wife of Phil (Military Dad)

Our motto for now: accidents happen.......

Minniewannabe
User

Postby Minniewannabe » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:01 pm

My best friend from grade school is still partially paralyzed and deformed from polio. He got it two years before the vaccine came out. Watching him stay almost one year in a body cast was heartbreaking. John used to be the fastest kid on the street until then. We're now in our 40's. John would tell you the worst part, however is the constant pain.

In regards to the chicken pox vaccine, anyone who has had shingles, especially those who retain the pain lifelong, would have killed to have had the chicken pox vaccine. And the mom who I met once who got chicken pox while pregnant would have killed to have delivered a normal baby. If only the vaccine had been available then.

The reason we don't see many of these diseases today is because of vaccination. Those children who currently opt out, for whatever reason, still have the benefit of herd immunity. Yes, there have been some scary things happen from immunizations in the past. There have been scary things happen from all drugs. But immunizations are like all drugs in that one should weigh the benefits with the risks. Talk to your doctor, or other educated source, do appropriate research, and try not to rely on scare tactics of those who don't know what they're talking about. This is one of those areas where you shouldn't assume anything or make decisions based on hearsay as you could be dealing with your child's life.

bubbaansissy
User

Postby bubbaansissy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:16 pm

bubbaansissy
User

Postby bubbaansissy » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:56 pm

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:17 am

Polio, measles, etc. had been in decline because of better hygiene and more knowledge about medicine, but there's a limit to how far you can reduce diseases solely by increasing public knowledge, and the reason there are so few cases in the US now even among people who haven't been vaccinated is because most people have been vaccinated. The apparent risk has lowered, so some people think they're better off not vaccinating at all - which could be true so long as only a few people do it, but if everyone does it, might end up being fatal. Better not plan on ever moving to a poor area or visiting a foreign country, that's all I can say.

Given, I don't think vaccination should be forced on you by the government. That way lies bribery and coverups.

oneofthegirls
User

confused

Postby oneofthegirls » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:09 am

“When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.â€

Minniewannabe
User

Postby Minniewannabe » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:56 pm

oneofthegirls
User

again thanks

Postby oneofthegirls » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:48 am

“When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.â€

momo3boys
User

Postby momo3boys » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:54 pm

What frustrates me is that at least in MA, you can reject the notion of vaccinations all together for religious or philosophical reasons, or accept them all. There is no middle ground. I have some I want for my boys and others I don't and thankfully I'm homeschooling, but isn't it a bit ridiculous? All or nothing?
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Jennywrites
User

Postby Jennywrites » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:08 pm

pio444
User

Vaccines derived from aborted babies

Postby pio444 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:19 am

U.S. Vaccines Derived From Abortion

Disease Vaccine Name Manufacturer Cell line (Fetal)
Polio Poliovax Aventis-Pasteur MRC-5
Measles, Mumps, Rubella
Mumps-Rubella

Measles-Rubella

Rubella only
MMR II

Biavax II
MR-VAX

Meruvax II
Merck & Company WI-38
Rabies Imovax Aventis-Pasteur MRC-5
Hepatitis A Havrix
Vaqta
Merck & Company
Glaxo/SmithKline

MRC-5
MRC-5

Hepatitis A-B Combo Twinrix Glaxo/SmithKline MRC-5
Chickenpox Varivax Merck & Company WI-38 and MRC-5
Smallpox Acambis 1000 Acambis MRC-5
Ebola Unknown Crucell & N.I.H. PER C6
HIV Unknown Merck & Company PER C6
Sepsis Xigris Eli Lilley 293

For more information on Xigris, PER C6, 293 Cell Lines and AD5 Vectors

U.S. Vaccine Alternatives
NOTE: No alternatives for Chickenpox, Rubella, Hepatitis-A, Ebola or HIV in U.S.
Disease
Vaccine Name Manufacturer Cell line
Polio IPOL Aventis-Pasteur Monkey kidney cells
Mumps Mumpsvax Merck & Company Chick embryo
Rabies RabAvert Chiron Therapeutics Chick embryo
Measles Attenuvax Merck & Company Chick Embryo
Smallpox Acambis 2000 Acambis-Baxter Vero (Monkey)

Additional Facts - Rubella

The Rubella vaccine, produced by Merck & Company was taken from an aborted baby during the 1964 rubella epidemic when some mothers were advised to have abortions, rather than risk their child being born with Congenital Rubella Syndrome. It was from the 27th baby aborted and immediately dissected that the active rubella virus was finally found. It was commonly referred to as RA27/3, where R=Rubella, A=Abortus, 27=27th fetus, 3=third tissue culture explant. The abortionist collaborated with the Wistar Institute to collect the aborted babies in order to isolate the virus. The vaccine virus was then cultivated in the lung tissue of another aborted female baby, approximately 3 months gestation. (WI-38) This abortion was done for the mother because "the parents felt they had too many children." (American Journal Diseases of Children, Vol. 118, 1969).The new vaccine was developed in Philadelphia, Pa. and tested on orphans. (American Journal Diseases of Children, Vol. 110, Oct. 1965) Considering that there was already two licensed rubella vaccines on the market and considering that they could have done exactly what the Japanese did in order to isolate the rubella virus (they swabbed the throat of an infected child), it is obvious this vaccine was created in order to justify fetal tissue research. It is also important to note that Rubella is basically a harmless childhood disease that is only considered to have possible serious effects on the unborn child when a pregnant woman is exposed to the virus during her first trimester. Should this occur, 20-25% of these cases will develop some form of Congenital Rubella Syndrome, which may cause malformations of the heart, eyes or brain, deafness, or liver, spleen and bone marrow problems.

Sources: Christina Abel RN.
Merck & Company

Additional Facts - Hepatitis A

Havrix, the vaccine used to treat Hepatitis-A, uses a virus strain (HM175) propagated in MRC-5 human diploid (lung) cells which were taken from a male fetus aborted at 14 weeks gestation. These cells are lysed to form a suspension which is purified through ultrafiltration and gel permeation chromotography. The method is referenced to a standard using an Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay (E.L.I.S.A.) and is expressed in terms of units (E.L.U.)

Havrix contains a sterile suspension of inactivated virus strains. The adult dosage consists of not less than 1440 E.L.U. viral antigen, 0.5mg of aluminum as aluminum hydroxide and 0.5% of 2-phenoxyethanol as a preservative. Other excipients are amino acid supplement (0.3%) in a phosphate buffered saline solution, polysorbate 20 (0.05mg/ml), MRC-5 cell proteins not greater than 5mgg and traces of formalin, not greater than 0.1mg.
Source: SmithKline Beecham www.sb.com (vaccines-Havrix)

Additional Facts - Chickenpox

VARIVAX was developed with the use of aborted fetuses. It uses both the human cell lines, named WI-38 (Wistar Institute) and MRC-5 (Medical Research Council). The vaccine contains residual components of their DNA and protein. The cell lines were derived from the lung tissue of an aborted female at 3 months gestation and an aborted male at 14 weeks gestation. The cells of these fetuses were then developed in a lab culture to produce several vaccines.

VARIVAX also contains MSG (monosodium glutamate) in 2 forms, according to Jack Samuels, an expert on MSG. According to the FDA, MSG is not advised for infants, children, or pregnant women or children of childbearing age, and people with affective (mental/emotional) disorders.

According to VARIVAX product literature, the vaccine contains gelatin and trace amounts of neomycin, and should not be given to people allergic to them; it should not be given to anyone with an immune disorder, or anyone receiving drugs which affect the immune system such as chemotherapy or steroids; it should not be given to people with untreated tuberculosis or certain other infections.

Dr. A. Lavin of the Department of Pediatrics, St. Luke’s Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio, strongly opposed licensing VARIVAX, “Until we actually know...the risks involved in injecting mutated DNA [the vaccine] into the host genome [children].â€

comusher
User

Postby comusher » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:17 am

The decision on whether to vaccinate or not should be made in a case by case manner.
Some vaccines may have possible side effects but the illness it prevents may be worse and on the rise.
Take time to research each and every vaccine and carefully pick those you will or will not use.

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”