New FREE software for cataloging your library!

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

seekingmyLord
User

New FREE software for cataloging your library!

Postby seekingmyLord » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:04 am

I think you are going to like this one: http://www.getlibra.com/

I was looking for something FREE to catalog my library of entertainment materials books, DVDs, CDs, etc. that I do not have for homeschooling, as I have been using Homeschool Tracker to list my educational resources. I just am tired of wasting money on doubles of DVD movies that we bought thinking we did not have that one. I came across this software free for non-commercial use that was just released in July.

Pros:
You can search by ISBN or UPC. It works for Books, Music, Movies and Games (but they are planning to expand that beyond media materials). You can scan the barcode with a scanner or a webcam! You can place your comments on each item and keep track of lending them out. Once the item info is found, it will give you the Dewey number, if you are of a mind to organize your home library in that way. You can input information manually for old books and books that are not found in the database search.

Cons:
It uses only the Amazon databases, which is more limited in homeschool resources in comparision to the ISBN database--hey, what do you expect for free? You can still manually add them.

Enjoy. :)

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”