TX to CA Need Help Planning

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Vomo
User

TX to CA Need Help Planning

Postby Vomo » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:14 pm

Well I didn't realy know where to put this topic but I thought this would be a good place.

Well Right now we live in Corpus Christi, TX but We will be moving Back to Long Beach, CA either September of this year or Jan. or Feb. of 08.

I'm wanting to make it a great learning trip. MY HS is in 8th Grade right now on her way to 9th. Usally with the moves that we have had it has been pretty much a straight shot. But It is just me and her and our Kitty and Puppy. I will have 5 to 6 days to make the trip in a U-haul and towing our van behind. I'm excited about the move but even more so now that it will be a actcual mother daughter trip. Whoo! I love her so much! So I want to make these a great oppurtunity for her and me. I know there are so many awesome things along the way from here to there.

So any ideas or links to places or sights that could help would be awesome.
So far I have checked out the Rand McNally sight. They do have the Things to do link but you have to know exactly what city you will be stoping at and it only goes out 25 miles from that city. I think were are going to stay on the 10 but I'm a little courious about the famious Route 66 [but i'm worried about gas prices]. Thanks for any help.
-Veronica :0)

Vomo
User

Postby Vomo » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:32 pm

P.S. We will be stoping in El Paso So that I can see my nephew hopefully
-Veronica :0)

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”