Lunch Time!

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

milehimom
User

Postby milehimom » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:08 pm

I'm so glad everyone wrote about lunch choices. We are beginning our first year of homeschooling this summer and one of my kids' (ages 7, 8, 10)biggest complaints about leaving public school (besides missing friends) is that they won't get to buy lunch! They've already asked me if we can go out to lunch once a week ( I would let them buy at school only once a week, mainly because of nutritional value, or lack thereof, in school meals, but also budget). I keep explaining that I know of no restaurants who sell lunch for children for $1.75!!!!

Anyway, your conversations about lunch gave me the idea to have them help me come up with a lunch menu and a lunch menu schedule. We can go shopping and they can pick some special frozen meals for once or twice a week, like pizza or those little burritos or lean pockets. I think they will find this most aggreeable. It's only the second week of summer and they've already declared that they are tired of Peanut butter sandwiches!!!
milehimom
Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:24 am

Have you tried corn muffins? Easy and fairly quick to make, and they taste real good with butter.

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”