Visual Spatial curriculums

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

efxmel
User

Visual Spatial curriculums

Postby efxmel » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:15 am

Hello everyone,
I have decided to hs my 6th grader next year and am trying to get information on all the curriculums. My DS will be in the 7th grade and he is a big visual/spatial learner (tested in 4th and 6th grade). Is there a curriculum out there that will meet his needs, particularly in English and History? One that is not too "child like" but is computer based with pictures and movies etc.

I am new to hs and trying to figure it all out. ANY suggestions will be appreciated as I am excited and nervous about this whole process. I just want my child to be happy about learning again.

Thanks,
Melanie
Relationships are all there is. Everything in the universe only exist b/c it is in relationship to everything else. Nothing exist in isolation. We have to stop pretending we are individuals that can go it alone. - Margaret Wheatley

4given
User

Postby 4given » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:26 pm

You may want to check into Switched On Schoolhouse (SOS). Alpha Omega Publications sells it. I don't have a ton of experience with it, yet. My 8th grader (visual) is using SOS for History. It is computer-based... besides the reading, there are short videos, games to reinforce vocabulary and spelling.

mandiana
User

Postby mandiana » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:34 pm

My visual learner really likes Time4Learning :)
Time4Learning Florida state rep

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”