Sing, Spell, Read and Write?

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

jamauk
User

Sing, Spell, Read and Write?

Postby jamauk » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:36 pm

Jazzy
User

Postby Jazzy » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:01 am

I haven't used either of them personally, but you can find reviews of them here:

Sing, Spell, Read and Write

McRuffy Phonics

If your child is moving through reading instruction really quickly, you may want to try something that doesn't come with all the bells and whistles like Alpha Phonics or Phonics Pathways. Neither one of my children has needed to use a bunch of flash cards and songs to learn how to read. Some of the simpler programs are easier to use and less expensive.

Carletta

Lorelei Sieja
User

SSRW

Postby Lorelei Sieja » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:36 pm

I used Sing, Spell, REad, and Write years and years ago. If it's the same, then it's a great program!
I bought a used set back around 1992, and used it with my younger two girls. They both did very well, and loved the program. It wasn't as expensive as Hooked on Phonics, and it didn't move too slowly. It's a race-car design, which seemed better suited for boys, maybe, but we substituted a toy horse for the toy car, and went around the racetrack as though it were the Kentucky Derby. I should order it again, to see if it has changed much, but it will be a little bit before my granddaughter could use it. Good luck!
Lorelei Sieja
www.raisingcreativechildren.com
Nurturing Creative Young Minds and Wiggly Bodies

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”