Church of Christ Curriulum?

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

KristaBelk
User

Postby KristaBelk » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:09 pm

Is there any cirriculum based on Church of Christ religion?

Not mormon.
Not Church of God.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:14 am

The question is, which Church of Christ? There are many denominations using that name. Would anything fairly conservative Protestant do?

KristaBelk
User

Postby KristaBelk » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:41 am

This Church of Christ is no donomination (sp?). It is the kind you find in the bible belt mostly. It is similar to baptist. I really don't know any other way to describe it. We follow the bible word for word.

ArkansasHomeschooler
User

Postby ArkansasHomeschooler » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:50 pm

I'm from the Church of Christ, and I've yet to find a curriculum that is based solely on our view. We use Switched on Schoolhouse for 7th grade, and I closely watch what the Bible assignments teach, and counter with what the Bible SAYS. I've been lucky so far this year. I've only had to explain that we don't have praise bands and point her to Ephesians 5:19, and Colossians 3:16. The rest has been pretty good. I alter the writing assignments on occasion so that she really has to dig into the Bible.

OH, and for those that wonder, here is a website that explains a bit about us. http://church-of-christ.org/
Visit--- http://christianbooksandbibles.weebly.com ---Christian Books and Bibles for my slowly growing blog and full bookstore.

dtrain
User

Postby dtrain » Mon May 04, 2009 4:33 pm

you might want to check out apologia it is great! :lol:
homeschool veteran

working_mom
User

Postby working_mom » Tue May 19, 2009 7:49 am

if your looking for young kid bible curriculum Gospel Advocate has some good resources. If your looking for high school bible curriculum there is the Institute for Church and Family at Harding University; it has some duel accredited classes. For our other core classes we use SOS from Alpha Omega; you can take out any lessons, assignments, or questions in the lessons you find contraversial, so we haven't had any problems with it.

Bedelopret
User

Postby Bedelopret » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:46 am

itnasasta
User

Postby itnasasta » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:39 am

GuL

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”