help!!!

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Gingerael
User

help!!!

Postby Gingerael » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:24 pm

Ok, so I'm 13 and I'm supposed to be in 7th grade, but I am 2-3 years behind in math! I am not even half way through the Delta book in Math U See. I'm so scared for my future. All my friends in my grade know so much more than I do. I try to tell my mom this but she thinks I'm just saying this because I have this one friend who kind of teases me about being homeschooled. Please help me, I am so scared. :(

elliemaejune
User

Postby elliemaejune » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:48 pm

Why are you behind? I would expect a 13yo who is concerned about her achievement to be working very hard to catch up so she can be where she wants to be. What is holding you back?
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 30 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Caretaker of 2 budgies

Gingerael
User

Postby Gingerael » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:40 am

So my whole life my mom has been telling me to just do 2 pages of math every day, which I did religiously. Of course, I see now that this was not enough. I am willing to work as hard as I need to get on track, I just feel so Lost because my mom is not going to help me, she's just going to continue teaching me 5-6th grade math, so I am on my own. So I really don't know what I need to do and learn to get on track. What haven't I learned that I was supposed to learn 2 -3 years ago? And what do I need to make sure I know in 7th grade? Like I said, I am willing to work hard, I just don't know what I am supposed to be working hard on. I would appreciate any help... Thank you!!

elliemaejune
User

Postby elliemaejune » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:49 pm

Sorry. I'd need to talk to your mother to find out what's going on.
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 30 years

Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil

Grandmother to 1 sweet boy

Caretaker of 2 budgies

jcarag
User

Khanacademy.org can help you catch up

Postby jcarag » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:26 am

Khanacademy.org teaches math for all grades through high school with great tutorial videos and lessons.

themerrysheltons
User

Life of Fred

Postby themerrysheltons » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:40 pm

My girls have learned the basics of Math through Life of Fred. The storytelling style makes is easy to understand, and smoothly transition from what you already know to the topics that challenge you more.

http://bit.ly/1Tsk2wV

You can do it! It is NEVER too late to learn.

+1 for Kahn Academy
Homeschooling two lovely gals, and lovin' LOF

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”