Kindergarten/First Grade Curriculums

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

leylan
User

Postby leylan » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:26 pm

Hello,

We are about to start homeschooling our 4 1/2 year-old daughter. She is reading simple books, and she is writing a little. I am looking for an online or offline or curriculum that allows us to purchase first grade materials in addition to kindergarten-level.

I am open to religious curricula as well as secular ones.

Any reviews would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

hommeschooldad
User

Postby hommeschooldad » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:47 pm

Hi leylan,

My daughter is also going to be 4 ½ this come school year. There are two resources that we are considering using. The first is abcmouse.com. The second is time4learning.com. These are not afull curriculum. But they will be a good place to start.

I hope this helps

Home School Dad
Thank You

Home School Dad

leylan
User

Postby leylan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:46 pm

Thank you for your thoughts! I've tried abcmouse, and I didn't feel that it was that challenging. There were some snippets about biomes I would have to read to my daughter, but it didn't really teach her anything. The coloring and puzzles were kind of...I don't know...silly.

I watched the demo videos for Time4Learning, and I wasn't that impressed with them either, but I hear a lot of good reviews about it. Maybe it's worth a try! :)

I think we're actually going to try Bridgeway Academy, the online school, at least for a year and see how it hoes.

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”