kinder & 1st grade curriculum/resources

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

k4ndrah
User

kinder & 1st grade curriculum/resources

Postby k4ndrah » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:38 am

I want to share my homeschool curriculum and resources that got us thru our 1st year of homeschooling!! My 1st grader used ACE (Accelerated Christian Education) and loved it! It has an easy diagnostics test she took beforehand to determine her knowledge level and she was able to complete 2nd-3rd grade level math and english and she tested in 5th grade level Word building! I love that at home she won't have to be stunted by her age and only able to learn the standards for 1st grade! My kinder was a little bit trickier because while ACE provides a kinder reading curriculum I decided to stray and put together work for her daily! We focused a lot on arts and crafts because she excels in creativity.. but besides that she adored abcya.com and xtramath.org was so fun! We used Mcguffey Primer for her reading (www.allinonehomeschool.com provided easy access for that) AND we fell across this awesome Dab-Paint-Learn bin that provided hours of learning! Focusing on numbers, letters, colors etc. all rolled up in one easy to use format. Here's the link for that: http://www.bingoboarder.com/product-p/dpl.htm

hope this helps some moms out there!!
Kandrah - homeschool mom of 2
P- 01/16/07
K- 12/17/07

davidharper
User

Postby davidharper » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:11 am

I love to see experiences all the time.

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”