Looking for opinions on Time for Learning Program

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

RainyT13
User

Looking for opinions on Time for Learning Program

Postby RainyT13 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:05 pm

Rene T

SuperGiaJ
User

Postby SuperGiaJ » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Gia Johansen - IT & Education MatchMaker :-)
Super-Reader.com Reading Comprehension Worksheets

hsmommie1203
User

Time for Learning

Postby hsmommie1203 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:00 pm

quote="RainyT13"]Does anyone use the Time for Learning Program? I am interested in all opinions please. I have an 8th grader and a sophmore who I am considering enrolling in this program. Please advise with any information you find helpful. I really appreciate any input you may have.[/quote]

:D
So glad to hear your considering T4L! My DD had been exposed to it at age three and found it very friendly on fun then. So when we opened our school four years later I was ready to give it a try with her. My DD has fun everyday and is showing me she can do so and still learn well.

Some of my favorite features are:
1) At the top of the list grading and reports; these make it easy for me to homeschool as a widow. I'm able to see how she is doing quickly and I make note of her weak areas and discuss later and have her repeat them. I can see by the percentage given if the student "Got It" or needs my help to learn it better.
2) Flexibility of moving through three grades at all times. So if she finished all her L.A. 1st gr. She was able to just move onto L.A. 2nd gr. and finish other subjects in 1st gr.. No fuss no muss.
3) Lesson Plans are broken down so I know exactly what she is learning.
4) She can do school wherever there is a computer.
5) All testing and activities have State Standardized Testing previews wrapped right into them. As from T4L's site "Time4Learning helps improve critical skills through structured lessons and activities that correlate to the educational standards that standardized tests are built around. "

Just as a note I also pair T4L with Spelling City although S.C. we have been using free for 6 years. I just bought the Premium version to get the record-keeping and the ability to assign her lists.

Lastly, This has been our first full year on T4L and I wouldn't have done it any other way.

Best Wishes
Che'

My curriculum has changed our Homeschool world
www.time4learning.com

HappilyUprooted
User

Postby HappilyUprooted » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:55 am

We are big believers in Time4Learning! It seems to be one of the few that can really grab my boy's attention! We just did a comprehensive review of it. (Blog in my sig) We have been using it for three years since my youngest was 3 and are still going strong. We have experience with Pre-K, Kinder, 1st, 2nd and now 3rd grade. Let me know if you have any questions!
Jennifer mom to DS7 and DS5
http://HappilyUprooted.com

cindyg
User

Postby cindyg » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:13 pm

Time 4 Learning is amazing, it is a fantastic program BUT when they start getting above the 3rd or 4th grade level, most kids I have seen use it end up getting really tired of it very quickly. My son loved it at first but then he just got so bored with it. The upper level do not seem to go up in maturity level much, at least at that time. Again, a but, that was a couple years ago and things might have changed. I would suggest trying it for one month and see how it goes!
Cindy Grayson
Mom to: John age 11 and Candice age 19
Save Money on Your Entire Families Medical Costs

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”