Robinson Self-Teaching Curriculum

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

TeaHound
User

Robinson Self-Teaching Curriculum

Postby TeaHound » Mon May 07, 2012 5:32 pm

hscoach
User

Postby hscoach » Mon May 07, 2012 11:02 pm

Tashathomson
User

Postby Tashathomson » Thu May 17, 2012 11:42 pm

Hi Hscoach.

Thanx for the links you suggested. Basically third one is more helpful. This is is informative about Robinson Curriculum. Actually I came to know about Robinson Curriculum by this links. In this link there is a rule mentioned for curriculum sound's good.

Thanx.

Dissent
User

Postby Dissent » Fri May 18, 2012 4:03 pm

johannes_o
User

Robinson Curriculum

Postby johannes_o » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:31 pm

I did check it out and I think it is excellent. I am an author of some educational resources and software, on high frequency words, I won't give any details here; per rules.

When I watched some of the videos, I realized that he really knows what he is talking about and he is spot on.

Please note one section where he highlights the fact that our sciences, maths, physics, chemistry is over 100 and more years old. This means we have not advanced current science since then. In short we don't have academically well trained people to advance our understanding and improve of the old logics/axioms and laws in these subjects. You can give your child the old old books and they are better because no new discoveries or any changes have or need to be made.

Excellent work and so much so that I am now working out how to do home schooling of our children, not due to social or moral reason but academic reasons only.
You want an a child that is intelligent don't send it to school.

Even an A+ graduate is still way below par of what these kids will achieve if it is done as he says in his video.

mindy8
User

Thanks for sharing

Postby mindy8 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:10 pm

When we first started homeschooling my husband and I came upon this curriculum and liked it. But somehow we forgot about it but it is the philosophy we are trying to implement so thanks for reminding me about it!
Mindy
Free Printable Download: http://blog.denschool.com/st-patricks-day/

Bedelopret
User

Postby Bedelopret » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:37 am

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”