Thinking about Pensacola Christian College?

Find out how to handle homeschooling through high school and college prep!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

MisSteak88
User

me again

Postby MisSteak88 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:54 pm

ps. I was also a home-school graduate of ABeka

MWorrell
User

I agree that PPC is probably a cult is some ways.

Postby MWorrell » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:09 pm

Budge
User

Need more info about Pensacola Christian College

Postby Budge » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:07 pm

I joined for a friend who is not computer savey. She did homeschool her daughter, who later went to PCC. She is still there, now working for them. My friend (who is a conservative Christian) believes this college to be a cult. She says they have brainwashed her daughter into staying there, never coming home-except one last time for Christmas to say good by, and in the near future, marry a guy they picked for her. I would like to get info from as many people/places as possable who also have had simular problems. I think she wants to do an intervention of some sort when her daughter gets here, hoping she can sway her the other way. Any help would be great. Sorry if things are miss spelled. I guess should have been home schooled!

Harry Tucker
User

Postby Harry Tucker » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:31 am

Budge
User

@ Harry Tucker

Postby Budge » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:01 am

It is not just me & MWorrel that think this. There are several others on here also. My friend has been there to visit and she still see this. You are either a student, work there, or a parent (& belive what you are told or see by the school) of a kid that goes there. I believe what my friend is saying. What about all the others saying just about the same thing? Can you explain why there are quite a few "bad" comments but I think only 1 or 2 good ones? I stick to what my friend, whom I've known for years, is saying. She doesn't says things lightly, is not a liar, nor vindictive in nature. She is just a very concerned parent. I don't blame her for trying to get her daughter back. By the way, even if someone does visit, it does not always mean that what you see/hear while there is the trueth. There are ways to cover things up.

Harry Tucker
User

Postby Harry Tucker » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:53 pm

Budge, I shouldn't have bothered.

"He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot. Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee." Prov. 9:7-8

Repeat your lying accusations to the Lord when you meet Him face to face. In the meantime just go on living your miserable life. No one can help you.

Daisy Dukes
User

Postby Daisy Dukes » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:09 pm

MWorrell

I rarely make posts on any such sites, but this one got me very concerned for the impact that you are making on others lives. I am saddened by your attempt to speak so negatively about Pensacola Christian College. Though I was not able to attend there, my son graduated from the school and met his wife there. They are doing quite well and the Lord used that college to help mature my son. For you to be so critical is very sad.

When you said “I could be off baseâ€

Budge
User

A little about me1

Postby Budge » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:26 pm

4given
User

Postby 4given » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:44 am

fella
User

SAD

Postby fella » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:45 am

Budge I have to admit I am not much for forums but just like others on here I happened to this site through google. As I read I was amazed at the absolute time that people will go through to post their negativity against institutions, people and other things. Because of the time forums take I very rarely keep up with any but this one I found interesting as I see what is written regarding Pensacola Christian College. My wife graduated from PCC many years ago and has been very successful in her jobs etc. She still has many solid Christian friendships that were fostered at Pensacola Christian College. Although her home situation was much different then most fundamentalist (unsaved family) she was able to "survive" as you all would say" at PCC. Why? Because of her spirit, determination and desire to do what God called her to do. To attend Pensacola Christian College and to serve him with her life.

I found this question very interesting which you asked in response to Harry Tuckers post. "Can you explain why there are quite a few "bad" comments but I think only 1 or 2 good ones?" I think I can in part explain. I believe that most people who had good experiences at Pensacola Christian College (which I am sure are numerous) probably have better things to do then waste their time responding to the negativity on forums. Most have families, church activities, jobs, and "a life" and many other more important things which have a purpose rather then spending hours blasting away at what other people (in your situation) have complained about. For all those reading I would agree with Harry go check it out for yourself, go and talk to people who are in authority, go ask them specific questions about rules. Do your own research don't count on bitter has beens for your definitive answer on where God wants you to attend school.

Budge I really do feel sorry for you. You can be an agnostic or atheist if you desire. That is your right, but that decision will ring in your ears for eternity when you bow at the feet Jesus. This is not an attempt to judge but is a fact.......you can choose not to believe but one day all will be believers one way or the other. I would also say that for someone who is willfully devoid of God and has nothing to do with God or the Bible will never come to any understanding of what Pensacola Christian College is about for that reason I think it is very unfair for you to say anything against a Christian institution.

4given
User

Postby 4given » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:56 pm

fella... As I stated previously, I am a Christian homeschooling mother to 4 boys. I have followed this topic with skepticism, since I understand that the negative experiences of a handful do not necessarily give a full view. I, also, use ABeka curriculum and love it. This gave me a familiarity with PCC since it is advertised on the ABeka brochures.

Having said that, I believe that you, as well as Mr. Tucker, have done more damage to the name of PCC than any of the previous posts. Why do you feel it necessary to personally attack someone with a differing opinion? You insult the posters who had negative opinions and suggest that those with positive opinions have MUCH better things to do with their time. How patronizing and ungodly. And, I would like to point out, fella, that YOU yourself "wasted" your time on this tedious forum, too.

By all means, bring your differing opinions to the table, but resorting to bible-beating and personal insults is out of line. I don't think PCC needs your kind of defense strategies.

fella
User

Postby fella » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:30 pm

I have never had a problem with differeing opinions. I do have a problem with untruth.

As I said before I don't often stop by forums but I do have to give you kudo's for homeschooling 4 children and still having the time to keep up with this forum. I know you must be very busy.

When it comes to "Bible Beating" as you call it I will not apologize for what the Bible says. It is plain it is clear.

4given what do you disagree with about this part of the post?

Budge I really do feel sorry for you. You can be an agnostic or atheist if you desire. That is your right, but that decision will ring in your ears for eternity when you bow at the feet Jesus. This is not an attempt to judge but is a fact.......you can choose not to believe but one day all will be believers one way or the other. I would also say that for someone who is willfully devoid of God and has nothing to do with God or the Bible will never come to any understanding of what Pensacola Christian College is about for that reason I think it is very unfair for you to say anything against a Christian institution.

4given
User

Re: SAD

Postby 4given » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:44 am

Budge
User

WOW

Postby Budge » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:37 pm

lovingchristian
User

Rules... Laws... Regulations... Godly or Not?

Postby lovingchristian » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:28 pm

I, like many others, found this post as a Google search for PCC. My post is slightly off original subject, but it is a response to the previous messages about Christians and Christianity and also Legalism. We know that as Christians we are not bound to the Mosaic Law as a means to have a relationship with God. Our relationship with God is restored through the price paid by Jesus on the cross. When Jesus Christ died on the cross we know that he took the penalty of our sins upon himself and thus making a way for us to come into a restored relationship with God that our sins had destroyed. Now as for legalism; what is sin? A simplified answer would be: it is going against God's will, or transgressing his Laws. So the Law serves a purpose in showing us our sins and showing us a need for a savior(Romans 5:20). Though as Christians we do have liberty, we are still bound by laws. Such as "Thou shalt not kill." and "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor." and "Thou shalt have no other gods before me." just to name a few and we see this confirmed in Revelation 21:8 (which is talking about the unsaved who embraced those sins and not a true believer). The Bible tells us to be Holy since God is Holy (1Peter 1:15-16). What is the opposite of Holy? Unholy or Wicked or Ungodly or Sinful. We are to still be obedient to God's laws concerning our relationship between us and God, and us and man. So what is legalism? Legalism is relying on your obedience to God's Laws to earn your way to heaven or to be in good relationship with God. Which any bible student would know is not the way to God. Jesus is the only way to God and Heaven (John 14:6). So when you use the term legalistic in a manner pertaining to your opinion of strict rules and regulations, that is an incorrect use of the word. This term is often misused by Christians who are living in sin and do not want their sinful lifestyles hindered by God's rules and regulations. Here is an example: 1Ti 2:9 "In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel..." now we could debate all day a persons interpretation of modest and modesty, but we will leave defining the word to the dictionary, and here are some key terms for modesty: "synonymous with chastity, or purity of manners" also for modest: "not loose (which means wanton; unrestrained in behavior; dissolute; unchaste); not lewd." these definitions were taken from the American Dictionary of the English Language by Noah Webster 1828. So being clearly defined modest apparel would not be revealing such as low cut shirts and short skirts and skin tight jeans (or anything skin tight for that matter) etc. which are designed to attract males by means or their lustful desires. This behavior is contrary to God's Holiness (notice Proverbs 7:10-27). Now all this was said to state this simple fact. A Godly institution will, as an act of Love, enforce the rules that God himself has placed for our own well being and if those rules are indeed based on God's Word and it's clearly defined statutes then anyone who opposes them does not oppose any institution, but rather God and His Holiness and Laws. Does following laws in any way bring us closer to God? Not without first having accepted the free gift of Salvation through His Son, Jesus Christ. Now it is true there are cults and brain washing is real. That is why there is the Bible which is the inspired Word of God. If you stick with it you can't go wrong, but having an institution that is strict doesn't constitute legalism and doesn't make it a cult. There is so much to comment on but already this is somewhat lengthy so I will end this post with one question... Which is more important, God's will or ours? Our ways or His? His ways lead to a restored relationship with Him which is the source of all peace, love, abundant joy, safety, and also everlasting life.

Return to “High School / College Prep”