Highschool requirements for college

Find out how to handle homeschooling through high school and college prep!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

nep
User

Highschool requirements for college

Postby nep » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:20 am

Is there somewhere (preferrably online) where I can find the basic courses of study required for college transfer- e.g.- high school science subjects that should be taken? I understand when the time comes that testing is a good way to show proof of what has been learned but I am interested in knowing which specific studies I should be looking into for them so I can have a foundation to work from in the highschool years.

I feel like I have seen these things before, but cannot find them now that I want to (of course)- help would be appreciated.

nicole

Theodore

The courses you need to take will vary...

Postby Theodore » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:58 am

nep
User

Postby nep » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:34 am

Thanks! That is what I was looking for- the basics. We will likely not be in this state (Maryland) when high school time comes, but I like to have a general outline to keep in mind when I come across curriculums/texts and such so I can refer to it when the time comes. I guess it is the way my brain works.

Am I understanding right, that generally it is not until high school that a specialization starts cropping up?

nicole

Tabz
User

Postby Tabz » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:15 pm

I'm not sure if you have certain colleges in mind, but it might be best to call them and ask what they'll accept as well. They have some strange rules for homeschoolers. I personally had to take both the ACT and SAT (while most of the other students had to take the SAT only) for the college I wanted to attend, this was all the "proof" they really needed.

Princess_Fyara
User

Postby Princess_Fyara » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:19 pm

"Accelerated Distance Learning: The New Way To Earn Your College Degree In The 21st Century" by Brad Voeller. "Comex General CLEP Reviews", and the "Home School Special Report" available through Global Learning Strategies.

Theodore

It is of course always a good idea to call your college...

Postby Theodore » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:27 am

Tabz
User

Postby Tabz » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:55 am

nep
User

Postby nep » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:35 am

Return to “High School / College Prep”