Help!!!!!

Everything from basic math up through high school!

Moderators: Bob Hazen, Theodore, elliemaejune

springmama
User

Help!!!!!

Postby springmama » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:28 am

Kathy, mom to 4 amazing kids!

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:13 pm

Miguelsmommy
User

Postby Miguelsmommy » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:26 am

Jazzy
User

Postby Jazzy » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:35 am

Kit Rivers
User

Postby Kit Rivers » Fri May 23, 2008 2:27 pm

Personally I don't like Teaching Textbooks. They didn't work for me or mine, but this may be a case where it works really well.

Try looking at them, I think there are samples on the website...not sure about this though.

Katie
Married to dh, 23 years
DD18 Currently in the UK
DD16 Ballet dancer. HS autodidact, using an eclectic mix of courses.
DS11. Geog Trails, MUS, Greek, WW, Plus lots of other stuff.

MathonDVDs.com
User

Postby MathonDVDs.com » Mon May 30, 2011 12:00 pm

Hi,
Try my line of videos, I go over each and every detail AND each and every type of problem. You should try the arithmetic and/or basic algebra. I am sure that your daughter will excel with these videos.

TheresaHPIR
User

Postby TheresaHPIR » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:59 am

(I just typed a huge response to this before I saw the OP posted over 3 years ago, and it was simply bumped recently, lol. Anyway, it might be useful for SOMEONE, hopefully...so I'll post anyway!)

Although I have a very limited experience in teaching, I would recommend doing what the teacher has suggested...and getting her a tutor or someone to work with her over the summer.

I say this because it DOES sound like she's going to need some motivation and direction. If she tends to doodle or goof off, she may need some added supervision and guidance. However, you want to avoid the same old lines about how you're interfering and "making her fail." Therefore, I would suggest finding a younger tutor...someone who can be seen as more of a peer than an authoritative figure.

Check local colleges...they may have some students in the math department that will be willing to tutor for a very nominal fee. As an added benefit, this tutor may also turn into being a support system, friend, and mentor.

Since your daughter's teacher seems to be willing to work with you all, ask for a list of skills that your daughter is lacking...and skills that will be expected of her next year. Ask if you can get copies of this year's and next year's textbooks and materials to help practice. These can probably be made available to you for free, and can help supplement any additional books and materials you choose to go with.

Return to “Math”