Working with Numbers Algebra by Steck-Vaughn

Everything from basic math up through high school!

Moderators: Bob Hazen, Theodore, elliemaejune

Wanda57
User

Working with Numbers Algebra by Steck-Vaughn

Postby Wanda57 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:14 pm

Need help on algebra. Different ones have tried to help me with it but they say it is to hard. How can I find out how to do it. :D :D

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:44 pm

Algebra can be difficult if your skills lie in other areas, but you should be able to handle at least up through Algebra I on your own. What level of math do you feel comfortable with right now? Have you considered online or community college courses for when you feel you can't go any further? I found it a lot easier to learn my high-level math by taking a a course at the local community college (Calc III) than by trying to study it on my own (Calc I and II).

I can of course try to explain how to solve specific types of problems, but that only goes so far, given the scope of Algebra.

Ramona
User

Postby Ramona » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:04 am

karin
User

Postby karin » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:58 pm

I would suggest starting with a little bit of Pre-Algebra to gain a foundation of the basics. Start here: http://www.algebra-class.com/basic-algebra.html

Once you are comfortable with integers and simplifying and evaluating expressons, move onto solving equations.

This website is a completely free resource designed for students and parents who are having difficulty with Algebra 1. If you follow the units in order, you can learn an entire Algebra curriculum. Take small steps, and really try to understand each concept before moving on!

Alicelewis11
User

Postby Alicelewis11 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:33 pm

Algebra might be troublesome if your abilities lie in different ranges, yet you ought to have the capacity to handle at any rate up through Algebra I on your own. What level of math do you feel great with at this moment? Have you considered online or group school courses for when you feel you can't go any further? I discovered it a great deal less demanding to take in my abnormal state math by taking a course at the nearby group college.

Return to “Math”